Strange Dry Skin On Both Cheeks

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, been a while since I’ve been here, but life has been busy for me. We moved to North Carolina where hopefully we aren’t going to be leaving again. Freya has been normal, happy during this time, she’s recently turned 6. Anyways, I was petting her the other day, scratching right down into her cheeks where she absolutely loves it when I noticed some hard areas there, I took a close look and it looks like a bunch of dried skin or something? But it’s only on her cheeks and no where else. Anyone know what this is and if it’s something to be worried about? It doesn’t seem to bother her at all, and she’s been eating, drinking, using the litter box as normal, just acting like herself.

Attachments

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there FreyaTheKitty FreyaTheKitty

Could see have been irritated by something, a bug, a flea, and perhaps scratched it herself?

Have you looked at her teeth lately? Once I had a spot on a kitty by his cheek and turned out to be a tooth issue at the sides of his mouth.

Perhaps others will come along soon with other thoughts, as that's all I can think of at the moment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there FreyaTheKitty FreyaTheKitty
Have you looked at her teeth lately? Once I had a spot on a kitty by his cheek and turned out to be a tooth issue at the sides of his mouth.
Looked in her mouth(Got nipped and hand swatted by claws several times), there were no issues with her teeth on either side, so not her mouth.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looked in her mouth(Got nipped and hand swatted by claws several times), there were no issues with her teeth on either side, so not her mouth.
Oh that's always fun! Epps.

Glad it's not the teeth though! Small mercies maybe.

I'm not sure what else to think it is. Hopefully someone with more experience will come in and have some ideas.