strange burst of affection

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our most recent rescue, bumblebee, is a pretty aloof kind of cat. Doesn't really like much attention and is easily startled. About an hour ago he climbed into the chair with me and began forcing himself on me. Rubbing against my hands and arms and rolling around on me. This is the first time he's ever done anything like this. I know this can be a sign something if wrong with him our that I could be pregnant and he can smell it on me. He almost seems protective of me. Anytime there's a sound he locates it and puts himself between me and what's causing the sound. I don't think I'm pregnant, so should I be worried about his health? Also, he's only 2 months or so old.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be his way of showing you he has chosen you as his human.

Could be there is something spooking him and wants to protect you as you say.

If you think it could be health related has he been to the vets for a check up as he is only two months old, never hurts to have a once over from the vet 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Money has been tight lately, so we haven't gotten the chance. We've dewormed him with Drontil. I think he may have been spooked by all the sirens and loud vehicles here in Fayetteville. He blinked back at me after I intentionally blinked at him. So maybe he was just being a sweetheart and choosing me. I've noticed he is less skittish of me than my bf most of the time.