Strange Bumps On Cats Nose?

atp0726

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My foster cat has these strange bumps /lumps on the bridge of her nose. If I touch them they are hard almost scab like.

Any ideas?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How long have they been there? Do they bother her? Perhaps they really ARE scabs :dunno:. Since you are fostering, can you ask the place you are fostering for to have their Vet check this out of you suspect something other than a mere scab?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

atp0726

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She ended up being a stray that was very fearful of people. I had been feeding her since late August when I discovered she had kittens. I finally was able to trap her about 3 weeks ago to have her spayed. I think I noticed it when I first trapped her but didn't think anything of it and thought maybe it was caked on dirt or something. I tried a warm wet paper towel compress and thats when I realized it was more like a few hard lumps.
When she was outside and up until now I have been feeding her purina kitten because i was given a big bag when I fostered her kittens and they have been moved to a better food. I continued to feed it to her. I just started moving her off the Purina to an adult food to see if maybe its some type of food allergy.
I have family coming in few weeks to hopefully adopt her and I was going to let them get her established at their vet. I also dont want it to be something that makes her less adoptable for superficial reasons.
Afterwriting this i am wondering if its an injury from being in the trap, however, i didnt notice any bleeding.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So she had this when she went IN for her spay? You might call the place where she was spayed and see if they notated it in their records, because my guess is they would have noticed it, since they probably but something down her throat when they did her spay. They may have checked her out at they time, since she was "under'. Worth a shot anyway.

Food allergies do usually effect the head area, but usually cause lots of scratching. Does this seem to bother her at all?