Strange Attacking Behavior During Grooming

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If he is not eating I’m glad he has a vet appointment _soon_ ! Please watch him for signs of dehydration. If he is dehydrated and not eating, take him to the vet immediately! (He May be feeling nauseous hence only eating the treats. Have tried feeding him canned tuna in water or chicken baby food (without onion or garlic in it.)

I had a siamese mix that well, thought he owned me. He was OK with and even liked his brother BUT he wanted it to be clear at all times that he owned my lap and had dibs on it! My little dude is half siamese and he is permanently linked to me. If I tried to bring in a second cat it would take him a while to adjust, he would get jealous and he would want to remain the top cat!!!

Can you try giving Tiger some 1 on 1 time every day? Maybe some 1 on 1 play? Also can you try doing something Luna loves to do with you, only start doing it with her only when Tiger is around?
Will do tried wand and string. Tiger didn’t come around he will eventually

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If he is not eating I’m glad he has a vet appointment _soon_ ! Please watch him for signs of dehydration. If he is dehydrated and not eating, take him to the vet immediately! (He May be feeling nauseous hence only eating the treats. Have tried feeding him canned tuna in water or chicken baby food (without onion or garlic in it.)

I had a siamese mix that well, thought he owned me. He was OK with and even liked his brother BUT he wanted it to be clear at all times that he owned my lap and had dibs on it! My little dude is half siamese and he is permanently linked to me. If I tried to bring in a second cat it would take him a while to adjust, he would get jealous and he would want to remain the top cat!!!

Can you try giving Tiger some 1 on 1 time every day? Maybe some 1 on 1 play? Also can you try doing something Luna loves to do with you, only start doing it with her only when Tiger is around?
He had his 10 min attention time. He loved it. Very vocal guy! He had a good dinner last night! Thanks!

Attachments

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Theodore is fine with the combing until I try to get his back legs and lower belly. It probably tickles so he grabs and bites! I give him a toy to focus on while I comb and that seems to work for me.
She has to let me comb her and clean her eyes before she gets food. Period.
Then feed her.
I also use a flea comb for her legs its more comfortable

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is eating now. what ever I put down. I used to have diarrhea. Hopefully it is now solid. I've seen so many consistencies in the box I can't tell. He is eating what ever I put out now. I'm going to his room to watch a movie. Maybe he will come out...

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gave him a bath in the sink. Hates water, hair dryers, towels, soap, etc.. Doesn't like his belly touched, or tail etc...
After bath, he was SO AFFECTIONATE on his terms I used a soft brush and toe nail clippers to make one side of him presentable.
He was given treats also, during the process.
I went to the shelter today to make donations, and I adopted a dog also. A little aggressive, dog.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the dog will stress him out for a bit! Congrats on the dog!

I have used cat wipes before and I recently bought cat foam waterless shampoo so I could give my cat a bath without the water. It might be worth looking into.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I have used cat wipes before and I recently bought cat foam waterless shampoo so I could give my cat a bath without the water. It might be worth looking into.
Thanks! I'll look into this thanks

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad that mr new kitty is eating now it's good news. Normally, I'd say wait a while before introducing other animals like dogs or G-pigs or Rabbits. BUT these critters have only just joined you. I think integration now would be good. Both animals should be in a new environment mindset. Hopefully you can gradually introduce them on that basis. For your resident, ok big changes but it's all come at once might mean R kitty can adapt to both at the same time but may take longer to adjust.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad that mr new kitty is eating now it's good news. Normally, I'd say wait a while before introducing other animals like dogs or G-pigs or Rabbits. BUT these critters have only just joined you. I think integration now would be good. Both animals should be in a new environment mindset. Hopefully you can gradually introduce them on that basis. For your resident, ok big changes but it's all come at once might mean R kitty can adapt to both at the same time but may take longer to adjust.
Thanks for saying so. I tried to swap sites with resident kitty and Mr. kitty. Resident kitty was not happy she was separated from me. The crying, calling, it tore me up. So I opened the whole house for resident kitty, and Mr. Kitty. They met last night, I wasn't there. I was in the other room. I heard growling. No fighting.
And a little later Resident kitty joined me on the other room. Mr. Kitty was back in his normal hiding place using his designated letterbox this morning. I think it's going to work out. Cats depending =)
It's Mr. Kitty's vet appointment in a hour. I have him rescue me, and plan on using a dark box carrier to get him there. He is scared all the time. He is fixed, distemper and rabies has been given already. He probley needs a check up after his neuter, he will be good for a year!
I did put revolution on him as soon as he got into the house.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I have the waterless bath. I didn't think about it at the time. Hoensley he smelled so bad. Soap water was needed. The shelter couldn't believe it when I told him he was so good during the bath. He didn't scratch or bite me once! I'll check into these wipes, especially for the dog. Is there a dog website for supporting new to dog owners???

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sure there is. I recommend watching ‘ cat versus dog’ on the discovery channel. They only did one season that I know of but it featured a cat behaviorist (Jackson Galaxy) & a dog behaviorist. It showed couples with different problems in their cat/dog households.

I believe there is an article on this website about adopting a dog when you already have a cat.

:goodluck:

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry, ‘cat versus dog’ was on the Animal Planet network not Discovery.
That’s ok. I think I’m not going to get a dog.
Tiger needs a lot of work. Every time there is a conflict he has IBS symptoms. He won’t eat, Luna wants his food. She puts her smell on his plate he won’t eat. I put the food on the shelf in the closet next to Tiger. A few hours growling from Luna.
Luna ate the wet food left the dry. Separated. Comforted Tiger, brought him out to Lunas territory. He was having strong gas!! I put him in his room, with a new plate of food.
Took Luna to her side and went to sleep, bought calming collars and thunder infusers.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m sure there is. I recommend watching ‘ cat versus dog’ on the discovery channel. They only did one season that I know of but it featured a cat behaviorist (Jackson Galaxy) & a dog behaviorist. It showed couples with different problems in their cat/dog households.

I believe there is an article on this website about adopting a dog when you already have a cat.

:goodluck:
I'm thinking of closing this conversation down
I'm ready to move on
Thanks for your comments
I'm leaving this conversation