strange and cute behavior

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I´m in bed with a fever for the fourth day i a row,(tonsillitis- a very sore throat and high fever)  and I´ve noticed that  my cat has started to curl up very close to my throat (not very comfortable, but very soothing and comforting,
and I hope that her purring helps in the healing..) . I´m nice and warm in a fever, but I wonder if the cats feel if and where there´s something wrong with the owner?   

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I really think that could be the case. 

More times than can be explained by co-incidence I've had cats who have done just that.

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 Could well be the case our lovely little girl lilly took a massive shine to me when I was pregnant with my son and was in pain with really bad spd. She also likes sleeping as close as possible to the kids when they are sick. She also becomes sweet on the hubby when hes sick to though she normally only comes up to him for lovings when the kids aren't about to push her off and away.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sinbad does this. Whenever there's something wrong with me, he curls right up against that spot and purrs. It's not his usual clicky purr either - he very carefully positions himself right along wherever the injury/illness is and sort of rumbles. 

My injured ankle, knee or hip, my chest when I'm ill ... he always knows just where the problem is and purrs this odd purr at it.