Stormy day in Nova Scotia (Pic heavy!)

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had some fairly impressive storms roll through yesterday. The last one of the day produced pea to golf ball sized hail over the area I live in. Probably the biggest hail stones in 30 years or so. My friend and I played "storm chasers" and went to take pictures. Since this weather is slightly unusual for us, I thought I'd share.

This was after 2 storms had rolled through and the other was building in the distance.

Another distant cloud with a high top.

This was the culprit of the hail storm.

That was the biggest stone I found around my yard, but my brother said he found some golf ball sized.

Of course, no severe thunderstorm is complete without a rainbow.

The hail storm as it moved out and died off.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I love a storm (as long as it isn't cyclonic!). 

I always seem to have more energy when they're around... all those negative irons in the atmosphere.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I like storms, too. My son and I used to get out of bed at night and sit in the living room to watch the lightning strikes out the front window. Those are neat pictures.....love the rainbow!

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the rainbow!  I always have a hard time taking pics of them.  Very nice pictures..thanks for sharing!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW - pretty pictures and pretty scary pictures all at the same time!! :clap::clap: When we lived in Colorado, our home had a view of the mountains in the distance. It was so cool to see the storms rolling over the mountains. The lightening storms were incredible to see. Great photos!! :clap: