Stool Color In Cats.

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 7 week old kitten has white loose but not liquid stools. He is not eating as of today and is withdrawn from his littermates. I can’t coax him into eating wet food either. No vomiting. What could this be symptoms of and is it time to call the vet?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
How is your kitten doing? White / very pale stools are worrying because it suggests liver problems and if they are very pale it sounds acute. If you have not already taken your kitten to the vet then I think this needs to happen. I hope you are able to do this. Let us know how the kitten is doing if you can.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, please. It is vet time. This is most certainly not normal, and probably something that he won't just "get over." The sooner you intervene, the better his chances are. And do please let us know how he is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is your kitten doing? White / very pale stools are worrying because it suggests liver problems and if they are very pale it sounds acute. If you have not already taken your kitten to the vet then I think this needs to happen. I hope you are able to do this. Let us know how the kitten is doing if you can.

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an appt for tomorrow morning. Thank you for your input and advice

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an appt for tomorrow morning. Thank you for your input and advice
Also I wondered what your opinion is regarding the litter that is very fine and resembles sand and is clumping and sealing? Is this safe to use for any cat let alone kittens? Will they eat it?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't use clumping litters for kittens, as they will certianly eat it. Very like their human counterparts, they explore the world with their mouths. Wait a few months for clumping litters.

And let us know what the vet says, please!

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't use clumping litters for kittens, as they will certianly eat it. Very like their human counterparts, they explore the world with their mouths. Wait a few months for clumping litters.

And let us know what the vet says, please!

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Saw vet and she did stool sample. Round worms and
Coccidiosis. Kittens 7 weeks and only range in weights of 1lb ( the sick kitten) to 1.8 Oz. And they are eating well. (All except the sick kitten). Lungs clear no nasal discharge on any of the four, eyes clear except for the sick kitten. They were wormed with Nemex Liquid, both Mom and all kittens, and I gave a loading dose of of Alvin oral suspending to Mom and kids, and then will give Alvin for the next four days. Gosh I hope this takes care of all this!!!!

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Saw vet and she did stool sample. Round worms and
Coccidiosis. Kittens 7 weeks and only range in weights of 1lb ( the sick kitten) to 1.8 Oz. And they are eating well. (All except the sick kitten). Lungs clear no nasal discharge on any of the four, eyes clear except for the sick kitten. They were wormed with Nemex Liquid, both Mom and all kittens, and I gave a loading dose of of Alvin oral suspending to Mom and kids, and then will give Alvin for the next four days. Gosh I hope this takes care of all this!!!!
This should read Albon. My spell check changed things!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, good. I'm so glad that this was a relatively easy fix! And yeah, spell check can be a right booger. Mine keeps trying to tell people I live in "Javelin."

Soaperjan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, good. I'm so glad that this was a relatively easy fix! And yeah, spell check can be a right booger. Mine keeps trying to tell people I live in "Javelin."
Glad it is too. But got to get them cleared up because the shelter won’t let me have another cat to foster until they are clear

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't blame them, but you're on your way, and more kittens will be forthcoming!