stomatitis syrup from dallas texas

ellenmun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
don't know what the legal ramifications are.    I would go to another vet who is more interested in helping cat.

martha anne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With all due respect, this vet who refused is wonderful and wants to help and I am not even defending him since I don't use him for that cat's care.  But he is not someone who as you imply is not interested in helping!!   I would say that this is a very unfair characterization.  He has what he sees is a legit reason  and it's legal and I don't necessarily blame him.  He is one of the most careful vets  I have known and I don't really like a lot of vets nor even the veterinary profession in many ways (I think they do a lot that is wrong, declawing being an example, selling dry food another one.)

NatalieB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know I'm late to the party and I do not ORDINARILY "necro-post"... but I had FORGOTTEN all about Dr. Wiggs' "Secret Sauce"! I came across this thread in a search on "Stomatitis Treatment"

I do remember a few clients in various hospitals that were doing the "sauce" and it did seem to help these cats tremendously. Those clients RAVED about the difference it made in their pets. I also remember applying for work at Dr. Wiggs' practice since I absolutely enjoy dental as my "special interest" as a vet tech. He just didn't have any openings at the time-- but then he passed away not too long after I had applied. His practice seemed so nice. I think I would have loved working with him and his crew, and I know I would have learned a whole lot.

I really need to talk to our new vet about this sauce. Schrodie was just diagnosed with stomatitis yesterday and we're in the "stabilizing" phase right now, trying to get him to eat enough. He's been off his feed and not eating as much, and he's a bit constipated as a result. So Doc wants to get that cleared out and finish 2 weeks of Clavamox and then recheck. She seemed very up on feline stomatitis so I think she'd be happy to discuss this.

I'm actually IN Dallas so it would be very easy to get onto the "Wiggs Protocol" and do the "sauce" if it's determined to be appropriate for him. Schrodie is very easy to medicate, so I think he would be cooperative, which is a good sign.

(Monday morning: Phone call! And sorry for the necro-post!)

~Mackie

NatalieB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
H
I know I'm late to the party and I do not ORDINARILY "necro-post"... but I had FORGOTTEN all about Dr. Wiggs' "Secret Sauce"! I came across this thread in a search on "Stomatitis Treatment"

I do remember a few clients in various hospitals that were doing the "sauce" and it did seem to help these cats tremendously. Those clients RAVED about the difference it made in their pets. I also remember applying for work at Dr. Wiggs' practice since I absolutely enjoy dental as my "special interest" as a vet tech. He just didn't have any openings at the time-- but then he passed away not too long after I had applied. His practice seemed so nice. I think I would have loved working with him and his crew, and I know I would have learned a whole lot.

I really need to talk to our new vet about this sauce. Schrodie was just diagnosed with stomatitis yesterday and we're in the "stabilizing" phase right now, trying to get him to eat enough. He's been off his feed and not eating as much, and he's a bit constipated as a result. So Doc wants to get that cleared out and finish 2 weeks of Clavamox and then recheck. She seemed very up on feline stomatitis so I think she'd be happy to discuss this.

I'm actually IN Dallas so it would be very easy to get onto the "Wiggs Protocol" and do the "sauce" if it's determined to be appropriate for him. Schrodie is very easy to medicate, so I think he would be cooperative, which is a good sign.

(Monday morning: Phone call! And sorry for the necro-post!)

~Mackie
I,
I am in Canada and my cat just went through an acute phase where she had to be forced fed... She is taking Interferon but I am very curious about ''the secret sauce''... does anyone know the ingredients?? Anything will help at this point!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That secret sauce was a syrup developed by a Vet in Dallas who has passed away and I can not find any information on what has since happened to his practice. I did read that there were clinical trials on that syrup, but have not been able to find ANYTHING on it lately, so don't know whether or not it failed, or just what. All I know is that your Vet would have to work with him and he would then send the syrup to your Vet for application.

Maybe ask your Vet if they are aware of this. Also, I believe there is laser therapy for stomatitis that looks promising.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

NatalieB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That secret sauce was a syrup developed by a Vet in Dallas who has passed away and I can not find any information on what has since happened to his practice. I did read that there were clinical trials on that syrup, but have not been able to find ANYTHING on it lately, so don't know whether or not it failed, or just what. All I know is that your Vet would have to work with him and he would then send the syrup to your Vet for application.

Maybe ask your Vet if they are aware of this. Also, I believe there is laser therapy for stomatitis that looks promising.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

NatalieB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the info. I will certainly follow up with my vet. I learned so much from this site/group. My little one doing better. Someone on this site share de that their catatonic baby food and so I gave some to my cat and she loves it. Life saver!!!!!