Stitches removed, but very active cat

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! Me again. I was told to limit my cat's movements, but my girl is hyperactive and needs to jump around, even with a cone 😀

She got her stitches removed 2 days ago, they said everything looked good. But I'm either on high alert or being paranoid because I'm basically living at the vet clinic due to my sick pets...

I noticed the skin around the incision that doesn't smell bad,isn't swollen, isn't leaking pus or anything, looks pinkish. There are no streaks. I wonder if this is either from her gaining much needed weight and the skin stretching or from the jumping around. She took antibiotics for 8 days ( 17 days post op now ). She's eating and drinking very well. I don't notice anything out of the normal, but after seeing her decline and almost die with a uterus infection in a matter of hours and my dog almost dying in 3 days is making me think about everything. If anything I can show the vet a picture tomorrow. I clean it with saline and apply cream to it as per their instructions. (That's not pus on the picture, it's the cream, and it may be brownish because of it)

What do you guys think? This scar is from a uterus surgery, they spayed her.

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I don't see anything that would concern me (I had to go back and re-read to realize that was cream, not an infection).
I understand your concern about their well-being, but remember that too many trips to the vet can be just as stressful and lead to unnecessary medication.
As for an active kitten, IF you're still worried, I'd suggest limiting the space in which the kitten can be active, or try a kitten shirt/wrap. You can use an ace bandage to wrap around your kitten's mid section for a little extra padding during the kitten crazies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly, I don't see anything that would concern me (I had to go back and re-read to realize that was cream, not an infection).
I understand your concern about their well-being, but remember that too many trips to the vet can be just as stressful and lead to unnecessary medication.
As for an active kitten, IF you're still worried, I'd suggest limiting the space in which the kitten can be active, or try a kitten shirt/wrap. You can use an ace bandage to wrap around your kitten's mid section for a little extra padding during the kitten crazies.
I have been going to the vet everyday to be with my dog. He's fighting kidney failure due to an underlying condition. He's better now and will come home soon, but I can always show a picture to the vet today. When everything started happening at the same time... Cat gives birth after having a horrible life in the streets, doesn't have teeth because of malnutrition, gets a uterus infection after giving birth, almost died, kittens die, dog almost dies too... Need a break 🤦 I can't tell you her age, we don't know. But if I had to guess, when we rescued she was probably around 1. She's not old. I know how stressed my doggy is to be there. Let alone a kitty. Tried the wrap, she despised it 😂