Stitches And Bald Spot From Spay

MidlifeDaydreams

Midlife Daydreams
Young Cat
Purraise

So, I wrote in a post yesterday, that we adopted Chloe from the APL. Her papers state she was spayed on the 14th of May. They shaved her to do the surgery. What I'm wondering is....any idea how long it takes for the hair to grow back? And how long to heal? She seems fine. And my other cat has been fine, but I separated them last night while we slept.

Hamna436

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was pretty much the same. She was adopted from the RSPCA. We’ve had her for 6 weeks now and it’s still not grown back fully, we can still see some of her skin.

For her stitches, you have to go and get them removed. The place you adopted her from should do it for you, as it’s their duty to finish the job.

Hope this helped :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MidlifeDaydreams

Midlife Daydreams
Young Cat
Purraise
6 weeks? Lawd. ok. It's just hilarious, because she's longer hair , but bald halfway?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They did shave a lot :) if you have any questions about how well she is healing i recommend have your vet give her a check. Normally cats heal fine after a spay. But my little white girl had all kinds of problems with infection and reactions to the suture material. If you think something looks off take her in. Rescues do awesome jobs, but are often over worked and under staffed. I would take her to my regular vet for a check, if she were mine :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MidlifeDaydreams

Midlife Daydreams
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks ok right now. So what they said is, they're not stitches? They're glue?? Weird, but I guess ok. It looks bumpy for glue. The lady on the phone said it's part of the healing. I don't know. Im off on Thursday next week. I'm just gonna have the doc peak at it.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks ok right now. So what they said is, they're not stitches? They're glue?? Weird, but I guess ok. It looks bumpy for glue. The lady on the phone said it's part of the healing. I don't know. Im off on Thursday next week. I'm just gonna have the doc peak at it.
Sounds like a good plan to me! :) when you get time post photos of the new friends in the photo forum, we love to see the cats we talk about :) and their puppy friends :)

My black cat, that my vet spayed had glue on the outside, internal stitches but nothing on the outside. i dont know about the bumpy, i dont remember her looking bumpy? but its been a few years, and my memory may not be the best..lol i know she had no problems. if there is not much swelling, and no discharge, nothing looks like its trying to separate or open up she is most likely fine. Any redness, swelling, discharge of any kind, or any opening up and i would get her right on in.