Still Worried About Cat's Health

Kalsajo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So back when I made a post about Toby's vomit problem, I took him to the vet around December. When he was checked, nothing seemed abnormal and the doctor said he should be fine if he doesn't vomit an abnormal amount. However, yesterday Toby threw up twice. It was not hairballs, it had the physical form of his food kibbles intact. At 4AM, I witnessed Toby throwing up liquid. He was having a harm time vomiting, so he was all fluffed up and moving around. He ran away after the incident before returning back to normal. I have no idea if it's the fact that I got Toby more healthy/nutritious meals instead of Meowmix a few weeks back (unfortunately, I didn't transition the food slowly and got him the new food immediately). I'm not sure if he's fine, so I'm contemplating on going to another vet to check him up. Should I trust what the vet says? Or go for a second check up just for safety? I hope I'm not being a paranoid mama :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I don't think the new food and your quick transition is at fault here, it's been too much time in between.
Your description of him having a difficult time to the point that he was fluffed up makes me wonder if it would be worthwhile to have a different vet look at him :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kalsajo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
I don't think the new food and your quick transition is at fault here, it's been too much time in between.
Your description of him having a difficult time to the point that he was fluffed up makes me wonder if it would be worthwhile to have a different vet look at him :)
Thank you! I'll take him to another vet when time is available. I hope my baby isn't in pain right now :(

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take a look at this: Your Cat Throwing Up?

A second vet is a good idea :agree: Be sure to bring copies of your cat's medical records for the vet to review. Be sure to let the vet know of your concerns and ask plenty of questions.

An anti-nausea / anti-vomiting medicine may be helpful. Ask the vet. Cerenia is typically prescribed.