Still miss you Callie.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow, it'll be four years since we lost Callie. I can't believe its been that long. Four years ago, August 18, 2016, I went for my walk, I remember being so proud of myself, I think I'd hit almost 5 miles that day, and as I walking towards the house, I saw something in the road. It looked like a cat. I rushed closer, its Callie! I remember screaming and running inside, and My Mom went outside, and confirmed it was Callie. I remember sitting on the stairs, screaming her name, and Lily came up to me, her eyes darting, looking at me, scared, as if asking "whats happening, whats wrong?" I will never forget how I felt in that moment, and for weeks/months afterward. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for your Callie. I wish I knew what possessed you to go into that road that day, she never went into the road. I'm sorry I couldn't save you, and I'm sorry your life was cut so short. She was barely four years old. She'd be 8 now. I have taken up walking again, but I can't bring myself to walk from the house anymore, even after all this time. I drive my car to the pool, and park, and walk the neighborhood that way.
That was when Lily became a grouchy old lady, at not even 4 years old. She changed from losing Callie, and never has been completely the same. She & Callie were so close. She never got close to Zoe. I got Zoe just three weeks after Callie died, because I thought Lily was so lonely without another cat. They tolerate eachother, no where near where Lily & Callie were. She doesn't cuddle with her, and Zoe still wants to play play play and Lily will play with her once in a blue moon.
She was such a good cat. She came out of no-where. She was an Angel kitty. She came when my other cat, Sadie was dying. In Sadie's last few weeks, she insisted on being outside, I guess she knew she was dying. Well this feral/stray older kitten came, from who knows where, and actually stayed with Sadie, trying to snuggle her, and just kept her company. When Sadie died, I knew I had to keep this cat. I remember she dissapeared, for a few days and I truly believed she was an Angel kitty, there for Sadie. Then, she came back. I was going to name her Sasha, which meant protector, but ended up naming her Callie. Then, I got another kitten,(Lily) and Lily & Callie were best friends from the moment they met.
She was the sweetest cat I've ever met. She went from from a stray, who was untrusting of humans, to the sweetest, snuggliest, most loving cat I'd ever seen in my life. She loved to be held, picked up. She never hissed, growled, scratched. Lily hates being picked up, growls at literally anything that displeases her, only likes being petted sometimes. Zoe doesn't like being held or picked up either, and will accept love on her terms only. Don't get me wrong, I love Lily & Zoe SO much,(if you can't tell by all my posts :p ) but Callie was so special, and so sweet. I miss her still, her snuggles, those big green eyes. I truly believe still shes still an Angel Kitty, only on earth for a very short time, but here to maybe teach me something, or something? I don't know does that make sense? She was here just such a short time, I barely got 4 years,not even 4 years. Was she an Angel kitty to Zoe, and the only way I'd ever find Zoe if she was gone? She'd never want to leave Lily though, she took such good care of Lily. I wonder if Lily still remembers her? She's been gone now, as long as she had her in her life. She's had Zoe now for 4 years,the same amount of time she had Callie. I think I'm rambling now at this point. I am getting pretty choked up remembering that night. I'm going to get on here from the phone, and upload some pictures I have of Callie and add them to this thread <3
20151009_112200.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful Princess! Her 'Tortitude' is evident in those beautiful eyes.....
Anniversaries are a time to reflect on the time that has gone past, to relive good times, to mourn the sad. When a life is cut short it is hard to get past the tragedy, it stays buried in our souls forever. Don't let it bury the good times, the precious memories that can be used for comfort, not pain. Do not let her end be more important than her life, though I know too well how it can rule your life. That life was too important, too precious, to be steeped in sadness. She would never want you to be so sad because of her. As you would want for her if you were the first to go, to go on in life and find the joys and happiness that life can bring, so she wants for you because that is love......RIP dear Callie, I know you are because you share a love that will last a lifetime. You will always have a secure place in a loving heart. Send comfort to that heart that needs it so very much, let the beautiful light that shines down from the new star in the night sky shine down on the one who loves you so much.....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to a lovely cat! She was, is, and always will be a beauty. And her love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still. Love abides, always, forever, Love abides.