Sticking out his tongue...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just as a little side note- Tongue Tipping is allowed on the show bench, no disqualifications but it's not preferred. Somtimes when I'm scratching Elmo he will stick his little tippy tonge out!

Like here:

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ashley does this too. Its hilarious. I'll just look over and she'll have her tongue out. I'll touch her nose, and she'll put her tongue back in her mouth. Heh.

julieb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My parents' (late) Maine Coon, Blue, used to spend a lot of time with the tip of her tongue out. Since she was an outdoor cat, it would get dirty sometimes, and the tip would be grey and the rest pink. It didn't seem to bother her, though. Then again, she used to drink out of the swimming pool, too, so maybe the tip got cleaned that way...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gweeky does this occasionally when he is sleeping. It doesn't seem to affect him in anyway. Those pics are cute everyone!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
Looks like Spot is trying to lick his black spot off!
LOL! Sam!! Maybe your cutie pie Elmo can help Spot get the black stuff off of his wittle face?

mrsdmk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a Siberian hybrid who's about 5 years old. He was an underfed abused 4 week old runt when we got him but has grown into a beautiful robust 30 pd large breed cat. Since he was 3 or 4 months old he has had a habit of sticking his tongue about halfway out of his mouth kind of like a lizard would but not as much of a flicking motion. He does it when he gets caught being bad,if he wants a treat,when he wakes up,etc. He does it in a variety of times. He does it alot involving food/water or wanting it but that's NOT the only reason. He's definitely one of those cats who acts more doglike. He likes ice cubes,and cold water. He sleeps in our bed in his own spot,more like a spoiled kid than a pet. He has no health or dental problems. Any idea's why he's doing this? Thanks for all answers.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is a Siberian hybrid who's about 5 years old. He was an underfed abused 4 week old runt when we got him but has grown into a beautiful robust 30 pd large breed cat. Since he was 3 or 4 months old he has had a habit of sticking his tongue about halfway out of his mouth kind of like a lizard would but not as much of a flicking motion. He does it when he gets caught being bad,if he wants a treat,when he wakes up,etc. He does it in a variety of times. He does it alot involving food/water or wanting it but that's NOT the only reason. He's definitely one of those cats who acts more doglike. He likes ice cubes,and cold water. He sleeps in our bed in his own spot,more like a spoiled kid than a pet. He has no health or dental problems. Any idea's why he's doing this? Thanks for all answers.
hi and welcome to TCS!

you probably had not noticed, but this thread is very old, the last posting before yours was made in 2003.