stick/cordless/small vac that picks up cat litter?

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone found a lightweight stick vacuum (I'd LOVE cordless, but not required) that picks up cat litter? With 3 cats, I do a ton of vacuuming, especially near the cat boxes because of the tracked litter. I hate using my big vac, but every cordless I try doesn't work well getting the cat litter off the floors! Any recommendations?

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure there are some good battery ones out now, but I just wasn't impressed with the dirt devil I had tried, so decided on a handheld AC power instead as they just have far more powerful motors IMO.

I use this for the litter station, always plugged in, just sitting right next to the boxes:
http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-71B-Han...2837494&sr=8-1

Its small, powerful, and dang loud, heh.

zarra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ducman69 I have the same Eureka hand held vacuum. I bought it for the carpeted stairs and the rug Festus loves sleeping on. It does a good job sucking up litter and cat hair.

I also use the Hoover Flair upright stick vacuum for the cat litter. It does a good job picking up litter off of hard floors. I do not recommend this one if the litter box is in a carpeted room.
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-Bagless...2846934&sr=1-2

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

I use an Electrolux Harmony Ultra Quiet Canister HEPA Vacuum for my hardwoods and adore it. It's a bit pricey, but very much worth it (and I definitely purchased mine on sale). It strong enough to suck up every scrap of litter and even litter dust.

AC
I think that's the one I got for my mom's house bc it is mostly bare and hardwood floors. It's great. and I fully expect to inherit it when the time comes.