Sterlings Dismal Show

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He bombed! His half brother was there and had way more coat and showed better. Sterling wasn't happy. I had made arrangements to go to the International show in 7 weeks but if his coat isn't fuller by then we aren't going. Unless I can get him happier about showing he may just be a very expensive pet (and stud). I won't show a miserable cat no matter how nice looking they are. We will try for a few more shows and see how he handles it.

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww. I think he looks adorable. I understand it's a show, so they take the coat seriously. Hopefully he will fill out again soon!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I'm not a judge at these events for a reason. I think he's perfect. Look at that face. He's stunning and his coat is still beautiful even when it's not fully grown in. I hope you are able to successfully mate him and Camie. Their babies would be out of this world gorgeous. I have no doubt that he will do better once he gets used to the show environment and his coat grows in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind comments. He does truly look glorious in full coat. Part of his problem is hormones since he figured out he is a boy. Mostly though it is my fault for failure to bath him twice a week. Between work wearing me out since I have some physical problems(bad knees) and being sick with a sinus infection for most of the past month and a half, I have not felt up to major grooming more than once a week.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry Sterling didn't show better and also sorry you're having your own health related problems. I hope your sinus infection clears up soon. Is there any type of physical therapy that would help your knees? Fingers crossed Sterling's coat fills out more by the International Show. :crossfingers: All the best to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I just have arthritis from standing on concrete and tile floors for 8 hours a day since 1997 at work. Sterling and I are staying home from the International. His coat is starting to look better, but it won’t be ready by then.