Stepped on my cats body. Need advice bad..

Felix19+

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can appreciate your worry about seeing a vet they can be expensive. Where I live there is a vets surgery run by a charity and all consultations are free and any treatments are non profit. They also can do consultations over phone or on line which would alleviate your worries about kitty. Do you live in the UK ? Have you checked vets in your area the information would be useful anyway if you need them in the future. Hope kitty is improving. All the best xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Christo23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the support. Socks is doing just fine now! I took her to a vet and besides being a little beat up from the accident, all tests and scans came back with positive results.
She is still sore and a bit grumpy but alot of her energy is returning and I credit all your well wishes and prayers. She is coming back to her old self a little at a time and even jumped on my lap for snuggles today lol.
The bill is more than Id like but cheaper than other places and Im just glad she is alright. It was worth it to know she is ok.I am selling a few things to try and cover the payments, hopefully that works out.
Sorry for posting this a bit late but Again thank you everyone very much for your concern, advice, and well wishes. I needed the support and so did Socks. She is on the highway to recovery now, haha. God bless you all.

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the support. Socks is doing just fine now! I took her to a vet and besides being a little beat up from the accident, all tests and scans came back with positive results.
She is still sore and a bit grumpy but alot of her energy is returning and I credit all your well wishes and prayers. She is coming back to her old self a little at a time and even jumped on my lap for snuggles today lol.
The bill is more than Id like but cheaper than other places and Im just glad she is alright. It was worth it to know she is ok.I am selling a few things to try and cover the payments, hopefully that works out.
Sorry for posting this a bit late but Again thank you everyone very much for your concern, advice, and well wishes. I needed the support and so did Socks. She is on the highway to recovery now, haha. God bless you all.
Great news!

Stay well, you and Socks.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, so glad she's all right.

Second here is what we did to keep that from happening. Yes, it was a total accident, I could almost see you falling. So not your fault.

We've had several cats over, my ex and I were about 19 when we got our first 'set'. Being rather tall, he wasn't co-ordinated yet and we were afraid of such and accident happening.

Experience taught us this - NEVER wear shoes in the house. Yes, you go through more socks, but they aren't that expensive. Rather than stepping, we shuffled. It's tricky at first, but with a little practice you automatically do it when you enter the house and take off your shoes.

The advantage is without shoes you are aware of the cat faster than with and if you do step on them do less damage.

The advantage to the shuffling walk is that even if the cat runs in front of you, your foot tends to go under the cat rather than come down on top of
them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
alot of her energy is returning and I credit all your well wishes and prayers.
So glad to hear Socks is okay, and happy to have been of some help/support. Yes, I agree on practicing the shuffle walk. That way you will never step on them, and your foot would only bump into them. It will give you peace of mind. God bless you for caring so much about Socks. :hugs:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! I am so glad Socks is ok and that you were able to get her to the dvm without a terrible expense. I remember someone telling me she had accidentally stepped on her kitten. I think she had taken her to dvm but they thought she was ok and did not xray. Tragically the kitten died from severe internal injuries and she was devastated.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
The shuffle walk is pretty important to learn. With 1 cat who has no eyes, a tripod who's still learning to be a tripod, a cat with CH, and a cat who has permanent brain damage and walks/runs like he's drunk, there's very little wiggle room when it comes to walking normally.
im glad everything is ok.

The Catlady's Husband

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd the cat to a vet to be sure there aren't any internal injuries. Many vets are understanding about Covid unemployment and are willing to work with clients on payment.

[/URL]
I hope your cat is okay. I have stepped on plenty of my cats, it happens. Luckily nothing broken or punctured yet. I've even had a few garage door accidents. I would be worried about a puncture or maybe a broken rib? Sometimes it just takes awhile for their being startled to go away, but if your cat starts crying again or acting irregular , I would play it safe with vet. Maybe a heating pad on low or hot water bottle to area of pain. Hope that might help a little.

The Catlady's Husband

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The shuffle walk is pretty important to learn. With 1 cat who has no eyes, a tripod who's still learning to be a tripod, a cat with CH, and a cat who has permanent brain damage and walks/runs like he's drunk, there's very little wiggle room when it comes to walking normally.
im glad everything is ok.
With the cat who walks like it's drunk. Could it be an ear infection?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His cats all have disabilities, I believe the cat he mentioned has brain damage. I had one brain-damaged cat (from a high fever)and it meowed nonstop. It was tragic. Being unbalanced IS a sign of an ear infection, good call!

EveAndHerThieves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say - good for you for getting her a checkup!! I know the cost can be horrifying. She's really special to have someone like you. I'm glad she didn't have any broken bones or the like. She's probably just sore and grumpy. Maybe give her lots of love and treats? Cats forgive and forget easily. If she's anything like mine she will sulk for a bit and milk it for all the attention possible. All while pretending she hates it, of course.

My expierence when I stepped on a kitten turned out very, very different. It always makes me smile when I see it turns out well. Cats are much tougher than we give them credit for.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
With the cat who walks like it's drunk. Could it be an ear infection?
Not an ear infection, but permanent brain damage from someone trying to crush his skull when he was a kitten. Buy you are correct that if this happens in a normally healthy kitty, it could be a sign of an ear infection.