Stephen King

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.

The problem with many of his stories going into a movie, for me, is that special effects can't make the events as realistically as they are in my own imagination. They end up looking silly. Liek Pet Cemetary was a terrifying book, but the movie just looked stupid.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!! That's the name of it...I wouldn't think there would be that many special effects, but then again...I have no idea about making films either.

Cat

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think there were in that one either, except in the end, wasn't she hallucinating or soemthing? I have such a terrible memory, I'll ahve to read it again.

I was just talking about his stuff in general.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she kept visualizing Tom Gordon and her friend Pepsi (??) it was pretty interesting...but for the most part, it didn't seem like it would be hard to create the movie.

Cat

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Probably not. I would also like to see Bag of Bones as a movie. That was about the widower author. It was a good book.

Oh, and I'm a waitress now, and a college student, after years of college, wasting money and trying to find out what the heck I want to be!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep running back and forth to this site! haha! I'm cooking and burning food! haha! What's new :laughing2...Well, when I grow up, I'll figure out (maybe) what I'm going to do...for now, I have to go and sweat at the gym...UGH! hahaha! I'll see ya on here soon!
Have a good nite!

Hugzzzzz,
Cat

PS... You inspired me to post my banner! haha! Some old and some new artwork

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lessee now:
Lead characters...Young newlyweds driving a brand new Lexus,a group of overendowed teen-age cheerleaders returning home from a big game in a schoolbus,a brave but simple farmer/fisherman driving a $75000 pickup with a M-16 under the seat,and our Heroine;a 20 yr old female president of a world-wide corporation with her toady assistant(male)who has fainting spells and whose dialogue is restricted to saying "Yes Boss" driving along in their Mercedes stretch limo. Apparently there's no driver for the limo.

Scene...backroad New England,on the edge of a cliff overlooking a madly churning sea. Weather is the worst rain/snow storm in recorded history. Set is a huge old house surrounded by dead trees and tangled weeds straight from a jungle movie..including several that don't grow in NE,but HEY..

Plot
... All the protagonists arrive at the front gate at the same time,wherupon ALL the vehicles mysteriously die at exactly the same time. This amazing fact seems to completely escape notice of all concerned. But then they are all driving on a rutted back country road instead of the interstate where they should be in the first place. They gaze up at the house which has BLOOD running down the gutters and is being repeatedly hit by lightning. The upper 2 windows flanking the door have "lanterns" in them to resemble eyes. The house is making a moaning sound that is easily heard above the 109mph winds. The front door opens by itself with a slobbering sound like a drooling animal. "Oh Look", cry our cast. "a SAFE place to spend the night!!".(Collective smarts of a feather)On the way to the door 7 of the cheerleaders are snatched away by the dead trees,but nobody notices. As they enter the house it gives a deep evil laugh and the door slams shut behind them. The next 3 hours are given to the amazing discovery that people are vanishing. Most of the survivors go in search in places like the cellar where they just saw a huge dog-like animal vanish or the upstairs bedrooms where a howling sound is coming from. Eventually all are reduced to bloody scraps EXCEPT our heroine who is saved when the house discovers the magic talisman on the ring/bracelet that was bought at a fleamarket from a wierd looking old woman. The house vanishes in a blaze of flame. Our heroine finds herself sprawled on the now bare hilltop until swept up by her boyfriend/lesbian lover who has driven/flown by helicopter from Boston/New York to this exact spot at this exactly right time with the police force/national guard from 3 states in tow.

That sound about right folks?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guy Flick Plots:

Lead character spends approximately 2 hours being pummeled, beaten, shot at, blown up, dragged by vehicles, dropped from buildings, and dangled from aircraft. In final 5 minutes, he manages to catch/kill opposing forces under extreme duress. Emerges virtually unscathed, gets girl, and spends not one second in hospital, as he is no worse the wear for his adventures, save perhaps one Band-Aid.

Two can play this script writing game.

jeano369

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just completed night #2 of Rose Red and been as it's concluding
on Thursday at the same time as CSI, I'll probably opt for CSI.
I just am not getting into, usually I like King movies.
Jeannie

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, but I watched it tonite for the first time and I thought it was pretty cool...

I was wondering who that person was too

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One band-aid? Not a Schwartzenegger film then...he just bleeds.

Hmmm,getting an idea..
Arnie and Bruce are doing combat with evil dimensions these days. Now if we combine your plot with mine......hmmmmmmm.
Arnie could be the limo driver who comes to the rescue..posibly as an undercover Justice Dept agent who is spying on the business woman (it'll turn out to be her whiny assistant who's the real criminal). Bruce can be the farmer/fisherman with the M-16 (we'll have to work a rocket launcher in there somehow).
Jack N can be the house...C'mon Deb,gimme a hand with casting here.

We may have a new hit script on our hands here.

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I can't think of the name of the house. It's down in Lakewood?, closer to Tacoma. It's not like haunted or anything, just an old mansion. All that other stuff is special effects and add ons. There is a house like that in real life though, it doesn't change, but it has stairways to nowhere and all this crazy stuff. It's supposed to be haunted. I think it's the Remington or Winchester (one of the gun families) house somewhere in California.

And yes, he died during filming, which caused a whole lot of craziness. Very unexpected too, just had a heart attack during a tennis match, I think. They used a voice match and a look a like and tried to film him far off and use editing and a few script changes.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what it is, but stuff like that intrigues me so much!

I mean the house with stairs that lead to nowhere! Certainly not the poor guy that died...

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alica
I have heard of the house you are talking about. It's a house where the building construction went on for many years and it's called the Winchester House. Here is some information about it from another website:

"Many mysteries surround this surreal mansion. There are a hundred and sixty rooms in this house, many having unique features such as windows looking into other rooms, doors opening outside from the third floor, and various sizes of doors. 'Why' one might ask; the reason is quite simple. After Sarah Winchester's husband and child died in 1884, she went to try to contact their spirits, she wanted to know what to do concerning the ghosts of all the people that had been killed by the Winchester rifle. She was unable to contact her family, but was instructed to incessantly add rooms to the house to constantly confuse the unfriendly spirits. When the earthquake of 1906 struck she was pinned in a room. Building continued and she was never seen again. Today residents hear ghostly music emanating from the house. Many other strange activities have been reported as well."

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will definitely be watching Thursday night because I have a lot of questions that I hope get answered. Like what in the world happened to the character who feels objects (I think her name is Pam). They showed her being led by the older psychic (writer) woman to the fountain with the statues of Mrs. Rembauer and April and she goes into the water. Then before the older man has a heart attack he sees her dead in the fountain but when he goes in only her night gown is in there. What happened to the older woman (the psychic writer), the last thing I saw, she was in her bed but in the morning when a lot of different things are going on with the others you never see her. And what in the world is up with those statues and the fact that the outside of the house is haunted too. Usually with these haunted house movies the people are safe outside. If my questions don't get answered Thursday I will be highly disappointed.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Sabra

From what I see, the whole grounds are haunted too ...kinda eerie 'eh! :LOL: More goblins lurking in the bushes :laughing2:

Actually, I thought it quite interesting the way it's set up. I guess we'll see the conclusion soon enough...
I only caught the second one last nite ;( bummer....I hope someone recorded it. I'd like to see it all the way through. That little girl (I can't even remember her name, the telekenetic) she's a chilling feature to the whole story!!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to work it out to go. thought some other fans might be interested.....

Stephen King Presents

An Evening with
Pat Conroy, John Grisham, Stephen King & Peter Straub
A Benefit Performance for Frank Muller and Family

February 2nd, 2002
8:00 p.m.
Town Hall
123 West 43rd Street, New York, NY

Hosted By
George Guidall

With Performances By
Pat Conroy
John Grisham
Stephen King
Peter Straub

Details
On February 2nd, 2002, Stephen King will join three renowned authors to celebrate the work of Frank Muller, one of America's finest audio book narrators. The performance begins at 8:00 p.m. and features readings and talks by Stephen King, Pat Conroy, John Grisham, and Peter Straub. A book signing at Town Hall will follow the performance. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Frank Muller Fund, part of the newly formed Wavedancer Foundation.

Background
In November 2001 Frank Muller sustained a serious brain injury in a motorcycle accident, which may render him unable to continue his career. Led by Stephen King, friends, and family, this benefit performance will raise funds to assist in meeting the immediate needs of Frank Muller and his family. Contributions will be made through the Wavedancer Foundation for disabled performers, writers, and members of the production community, 501(c)(3) status pending.

The mission of the Wavedancer Foundation is to foster the welfare, healing and recovery of disabled professionals like Frank Muller and to provide opportunities to rebuild their lives.

Contributions
All contributions are fully tax-deductible. Checks can be made payable to The Wavedancer Foundation (memo: The Frank Muller Fund) and should be sent to:

The Wavedancer Foundation
c/o John McElroy
44 Kane Avenue
Larchmont, NY 10538

Ticket Prices
A $100.00 donation includes preferred seating for one
A $75.00 donation includes general seating for one
A $50.00 donation includes general seating for one

Special Offers
A $150.00 Donation includes preferred seating for one and one book of your choice to be signed by author after the performance

A $250.00 Donation includes preferred seating for one and two books of your choice to be signed by authors following the performance

A $500.00 Donation includes premiere seating for one and four books to be signed by authors after the performance

Ticket holders will not be allowed to bring books to the show. The authors will not sign any books not purchased through the event.

The Wavedancer Foundation will issue receipts for tax-deductions upon request.

Order Tickets Now
Tickets are available immediately by email.

Email: [email protected]

Tickets will be available on January 12, 2002 at the Box Office at Town Hall and through Ticketmaster at 212-307-4100