Stella & Chewy's new ingredient / poultry: menadione sodium bisulphate

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also just noticed on SC's web site under the chicken morsels, they have added menadione sodium bisulphite, a controversial source of vitamin K that SC has been using in their fish products but not in their poultry, until now, along with the pea fiber.

I only checked the ingredients for chicken, not sure if it's also in the turkey and duck, duck goose.

Last edited:

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BOO HISS!  They should have just put in some alfalfa and/or kale and left out the pea fiber.  They lose my vote for sure now. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

BOO HISS!  They should have just put in some alfalfa and/or kale and left out the pea fiber.  They lose my vote for sure now. 
Yeah .... it's a low ball, cheap filler.  I stopped using SC when I read about the phos / bone content which I have to be careful with due to having a cat whose creatinine is on the high end of normal.

I remember reading though on Dr. Pierson's site, SC was among a small handful of companies (including Blue), not willing to disclose data (that all the other companies had no problem disclosing), in order to get the most accurate DMB stats for her chart.

That and reading how some people have found bone shards in the food, no thanks.