Stealing Pens and Pencils?

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midnight keeps stealing pens and pencils, I swear we're down to 1 of each in the whole house. We can't find them. We have no idea what he does with them. We've searched every where. Why the facination with pens and pencils? My father thinks Midnight is stealing them to write his autobiography. Seriously Lynxx played with pens but never hid them. Luna doesn't bother with them. How can he hide them? We've looked every where even under the beds!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know where they hide anything. Pens and pencils disappear never to be seen again.

I've tried to train myself to keep pens in the jug, but I always forget, and then it's gone.

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boys do this often! Though, I think they knock them down, and then the dog runs off with them, but still...

It's worse when you are trying to write, and they decide your pen is the single most amazing thing ever... it's hard to write with a cat attached to your writing utensil

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pens & markers(esp. Sharpie!) are Ku Ku's favorite toys...dunno why.
Every time I start writing, she runs to me trying to play with it.
If I leave it on the desk, she'd either try to pick it up or pounce it(so it'd drop on the floor).
To this day, I still don't know why she does that or what attracts Ku Ku playing with things other than her "official toys"...

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily Tails always pushed his crinkly ball toys into the same unreachable corner with a built-in cabinet, so when pens started to go missing I knew exactly where to look. Lo and behold, every lost pen was piled in that one corner

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I think there's a "twilight zone" where objects our cats really like disappear to. Jamie leaves pens alone, but he loves pencils. One time my m-i-l stopped by when we weren't home and wanted to leave a note. We have a jug of pencils on the kitchen table, and she gave up after Jamie had taken the third pencil out of her hand and run off with it.

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, the Phantom Pen Thief...we have one living here too, and her name is Sarah. She lives up to her nick name the Little Imp.

We find many missing pens, cat toys, pencils, etc. under our stove and fridge when DH pulls them out to clean.

[/IMG]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynxx was able to lose some of his toys, but we found them. Luna and Midnight are incredible I'm still looking for a ball that lit up when touched, that Luna lost back in September. It can't fit under the fridge, it wasn't under the beds when we got the new matresses. Also had these big balls that light up when you bounce them. Midnight and Luna managed to lose all 3 of those.

Luna loses toys. Midnight can sense a pen a mile away and runs right for it! Yes it's very hard to write with a cat's paw attached to the pen.

I do agree there is a twilight zone in every house. Over the years we've had things go missing, and turn up in the most strangest of places, even years later. Or never to be seen again, even after we've moved and cleaned everything to begin fixing over the house.

Sarah is a cute little cat!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no pen or pencil thieves, but I have been missing a little wooden pig for about 15 years now. DH swears my RB kitty Garfield ate it. Impossible! I tend to think DH had some kind of Dirt Devil accident involving that pig and still won't admit it.

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My thoughts exactly, that Sarah knows she's cute and gets away with stuff, the little imp!