Started 16yr old on wet diet want to start rest on it.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started my 16yr old cat blanket on a wet pate diet not long ago before that she ate no grain dry and wet I slowly stopped the dry and added more wet tell it was all wet she seems more energenic I give her about 2 5.5 oz cans aday is that to much? She weighs about 10lbs last time I weighed her.

I want to start my 9yr old going to be 10yr old on april 1st brandon he weighs about 14lbs last time i weighed him thats his good weight for how long he is how many oz's well be good for him ?
He eating right now about 5.5 oz can with some diamond naturals dry about 1/4-1/3 cup aday

And I also want to start my 10mo old cat blaziken on a wet diet she weighs about 6-7 lbs last time i weighed her how much do I give her in wet? She is eating a half 5.5 oz wet and 1/3-1/2 dry aday diamond naturals

I want to start them on it after the 1st since im low on money right now due to a move.

Also is solid gold seameal good for cats?

Also were do I post for a dog question?

Thank you all.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most indoor, spayed/neutered, adult cats who aren't very active will eat about 5-6 ounces of most brands of canned food a day. But your cats are already eating more than that. Are any of your cats overweight? Are they all spayed/neutered? What brand/flavors are you feeding them?

Older cats sometimes don't absorb nutrients well so if Blanket is doing well on 2 cans a day I'd keep her on that. Brandon maybe 1 1/2 cans a day. Blaziken is little so maybe 1 can a day. IF she's spayed. More if not (and for pete's sake get her spayed quick! You've seen what happens if not).

I think Seameal is too high in iodine, which can contribute to hyperthyroid. I'd avoid it.

Dog questions go in the "other pets" section.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most indoor, spayed/neutered, adult cats who aren't very active will eat about 5-6 ounces of most brands of canned food a day. But your cats are already eating more than that. Are any of your cats overweight? Are they all spayed/neutered? What brand/flavors are you feeding them?

Older cats sometimes don't absorb nutrients well so if Blanket is doing well on 2 cans a day I'd keep her on that. Brandon maybe 1 1/2 cans a day. Blaziken is little so maybe 1 can a day. IF she's spayed. More if not (and for pete's sake get her spayed quick! You've seen what happens if not).

I think Seameal is too high in iodine, which can contribute to hyperthyroid. I'd avoid it.

Dog questions go in the "other pets" section.
Oops lol sent a blank lol

Blanket and brandon are fixed blaziken isn't but she is strictly a indoor cat yes I'm gonna get her fixed soon none of my cats are overweight there perfect in my opinion and i was curious on the solid gold sea meal thing what about natures variety raw boost? Is that okay and I rotate flavors and brands I mostly got right now is kroger brand all flavors because my brother is the one got the wet I usually buy all the brands in different flavors in 5.5 oz cans i'm limited on money so I get the best in the stores of wet.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies is fine. I would go easy on the store brands because some don't have very good vitamin mixes.

I really can't stress enough how much you NEED to get Blaziken spayed as soon as possible. You have been through this before and you know very well that "indoor only" cats can and do get outside, and in a trailer park there is zero chance that she won't get pregnant even if she's only out for 5 minutes. You do not need more kittens, and neither does this world.

Nature's Variety Raw Boost is very good but also very expensive. I wouldn't suggest you spend that kind of money on food until you have the spay and other vet work taken care of. There is no reason at all to buy fancy foods if you can't even afford vet care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies is fine. I would go easy on the store brands because some don't have very good vitamin mixes.

I really can't stress enough how much you NEED to get Blaziken spayed as soon as possible. You have been through this before and you know very well that "indoor only" cats can and do get outside, and in a trailer park there is zero chance that she won't get pregnant even if she's only out for 5 minutes. You do not need more kittens, and neither does this world.

Nature's Variety Raw Boost is very good but also very expensive. I wouldn't suggest you spend that kind of money on food until you have the spay and other vet work taken care of. There is no reason at all to buy fancy foods if you can't even afford vet care.
Im gonna get blaziken fixed next month im low this month due to a move next month i will have the money to do it.

I mostly get friskies then kroger brand if im not shopping at kroger i get a different store brand like example dg or walmart but i mostly go to krogers i did notice my cats like kroger better and i dont see as much junk in it like food dyes etc in it and sometimes i get proplan ,diamond ,chicken soup ,triumph , etc when i have more money or cant find the other brands i get