"staring seizures" / status epilepticus ????

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
can "staring seizures" be considered status epilepticus if they're going on + on ???
++++++++++++

Patter has epilepsy - [focal/repetitive motion] that was previously well- controlled w/ meds.

Just saw her have a "staring seizure" for 1st time. 20/20 hindsight, she's been having them for weeks [at least]

the whole thing took WAY TOO LONG.
she finally came out of it, fed her, and put her down for a nap.

now, like a good meom, I'm freakin' out cuz I deserve to after staying so nice and calm while Patter needed me.

ps. big brother Pitter is now cuddle/guarding her.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your cat feels better! I just recently had a staring seizure and was fine a few minutes after.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi + sorry for the late reply!
Patter's staring seizure certainly didn't seem to be as "scary" as her focal seizures are. Thank you for backing that up!

I see that i didn't mention the length of time in my previous post. The seizures themselves lasted minutes with a very short break before going into another - for over an hour. I must've been feeling VERY guilty when I first posted about it - it was the length of the whole thing that was upsetting me!

Haven't seen another, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. She's been pretty much her old self since then. No news is good news!:catman:

Hope your cat feels better! I just recently had a staring seizure and was fine a few minutes after.