Staring out of the Window too much

CaitlinH

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Its springtime here and the birds are out! We have a bird feeder by her favorite window and she is glued to the window. She won't play or do anything- even at night she is trying to see if there any birds out there! How should we entice to get some energy out? Or should we just let her be glued to the window? I feel like I'm complaining about a kid who is watching too much TV! And when she is unglued from the window, she is not interested in playing at all.
She will run a little bit but then lose interest so fast! We've tried different toys and just kinda unsure what to do next? Any suggestions on different toys out there?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - do you have a way to take her for a walk with a harness and leash, or let her have some time in a cat mesh tent in the yard?
If you wanted to try and break her habit, you could move the bird feeder for a little while possibly.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats like birds! Nothing unusual about whats going on, although it might be a bit on the extreme side? I'm sure the cat is burning energy by excitation even if not moving around, so it doesn't strike me as a health issue. But if not having your cat present in the household moments is bugging you, that is understandable, and would justify moving the bird feeder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CaitlinH

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Thanks! No I don't mind that she is glued to the window, I feel like a mom, hovering over her child making sure that nothing is wrong! But ya she seems happy as a clam- we have multiple windows that look at different parts of the street ( and my neighbors have bird feeders too so there are lots to look at)

sunny578

Mom to an inappropriate urinator
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I say let her watch with abandon--I think for her it's much more active than watching TV, and she's burning up some mental energy. More like she's reading a book or doing her math homework.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s wonderfully entertaining for them and If they don’t use enough energy during the day they will just play and zoom at night.