Star and Jimmy update

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read this thread for the first time.
It's like reading a novel.
The kittens are all adorable.
I give you a round of applause for taking care of so many needy kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 13 that are fixed with shots. Most started their lives as feral cats that I was feeding and then just moved them in with me.....hehe They are all special to me.

And right now I have Cow Kitty [mama] and her three babies and JJ. Those are not fixed but will be as soon as I am able. JJ is first and he will probably be fixed next month sometime. I can't fix cow while she is nursing of course and the babies are not big enough.

And I can say I won't keep any more but I know I will keep Cow and JJ. JJ has noone but me and neither does Cow. And he went through hell to get to my house. This is his home now. And Cow too. since I brought her babies in, she has changed and is non agressive. She knows they are safe now. Cow and JJ lived in this area for as long as anyone around here remembers. But they have never had a home. So my total is actually 15. I need to find the babies homes when they are old enough. [God, please don't let me get attached to them.....] I know I have named Minnie the girl and when you name one it just becomes a little different. We will just see what happens. I never planned on having this many cats and I could never foster one because I could never give them back. Especially one that has been feral.

Where we are moving there are no stray cats that I have seen.... whew... But I love them. And cats are no trouble at all. They are so independent. And since most of mine except 3 are in/out cats they are less trouble than most. I love them all the same. They would never adjust anywhere else with anyone else. So, they are all keepers. I am their forever home.

I have a house full but husband and I love them.

So with the extra 5, that is 18 cats......hehe............ They needed someone and we were there. Just can't turn out a needy animal. There is no way. Some people can but I am not one of those. We are lucky that we live in the country. Very fortunate. The cats are free but live with me. And they know it too.

Jenn

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy reading the Jimmy and Star updates, and meeting Cow and her babies. The outdoor enclosure sounds like a wonderful plan.

I would caution you to get Cow spayed soon...even if she is still nursing. She may be preggers already, and when they have litters close together, they are less healthy (the Mom and the kits!).

Your home sounds like a kind of kitty paradise. I wish I had the time and patience for so many cats. I only have 3. Plus 1 in and out boy. Plus my foster Sarabi. And I got a new foster Natalie today, and her 6 kits. And one outside cat, Josie. Whoops, I'm up to 12! Yikes...it does happen quickly, doesn't it?!?

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right ..... It does happen quickly. Your little nursing kitties are cute as can be! That mama kitty looks totally content.......awwwww....There is just nothing sweet than little kittens with their mother.

I won't wait too long to get Cox fixed. This is her one and only litter.

I didn't get a picture but tonight I gave Cow some more tuna. The little babies were already full of kitten chow but they stole their mama's tuna and she gave it to them.

Then, they all three crawled into the litter box and dug 40 holes EACH trying to find the right spot to poopy in... It was so funny.

Then they each dug 40 more holes to make a tinkle sppot.

When they covered it they dug and dug and dug and dug and dug....

Cats are very smart! They know what to do.

I also put some toys in there for them. The little balls that make a sound when they bat them. One of the males loves this. He rolls the ball around the floor. The other toy is larger and is also a ball. But when they bat it, it sounds like a bird. That one doesn't appeal to them much. They like the little ball. I guess I need to buy another assortment pack of them. Star likes them too.

Jenn

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jimmy is enjoying Yellow's grass this morning. I gave JJ some too but I'm leaving it with Jimmy while I go work on our house. He's already had his tarter control food and now a little grass for desert!

Baby kitties have eaten and are sleeping. I have Mama cat outside.

JJ is fed and watered and husband thinks he is looking a little better. He noticed his leg appears to be healing rapidly. Thank god.

Jenn

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday I lost a kitten. He was in there with Jimmy in his crate which I found hard to believe.. Jimmy is a good kitty. Still doesn't really want to be petted but he is a good cat.

My babies are all growing like weeks. Minny Pearl, Pixie and Hank are their names. There is only one boy. I thought there were two at first but only one.

They are nearly ready to find homes for which is causing me turmoil.

Angie got bit by a snake also on the neck but she is doing fine now. Her head swelled for a day or so and then went down to normal. I believe the fangs just scratch her and she didn't get a large dose of venom thank god. But she had marks on either side of her neck from the bite.

She was lucky... She has been hanging in the house more since then.

It worries me out here some but there is nothing I can do.

In the new place, wild pig tracks are everywhere but the dogs will scare them off so I am not worried about that, but the snakes and the cats worry me. I saw a black snake the other day watching me and the phone man saw a 4' copperhead. I hope he was exhaggerating but he said he wasn't.

I think this is a rat snake. Either that or a cotton mouth.

I sure hope it is a rat snake because they swallow copperhead whole.

I am worried about my cats when we make the move. I have been reading about cats and snakes and they say cats are great snake killers.........and that some can kill a snake before they can strike. But I'm still worried.

Here's some pig tracks. These are about 3" deep. And the other picture is where they are rooting. This is about 50 feet from my back door... Let me clarify this. The tracks were about 10 feet from my door. The wallow was about 50 feet away. My front yard has pig tracks as well.

I have heard a couple but have not seen one as yet.

These are huge tracks and deep.. This has to be a really stout boar.. or hog... or pig.. If you look at the bottom of this picture, you will see my foot and can judge how BIG these track are. Hogs can be dangerous when feral.

This is where they have been rooting.

Jenn

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good grief...that snake looks really scary.