Stage 2 CKD - Raw Food Recipe

HKatfur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I’m really hoping someone can help me find a great raw food recipe for my senior CKD babes. My cats are littermates,16 years old, and both in the same stage of CKD. They’ve been on raw/wet foods most of their lives. They refuse to eat any type of kidney care food and hate even most canned foods now. I’ve tried everything to get them to like the kidney care stuff but ultimately the only food they eat with gusto is Wild Coast raw food. I like Wild Coast because their recipe is boneless (less phosphorus). Ive just moved from Seattle to Boston and unfortunately can’t buy or have the Wild Coast food shipped here. The raw food out here all have bones and my cats turn their noses up to them anyway. I’ve been searching the internet for boneless raw recipes but can’t find anything so I’m reaching out to this community for help! I’d be grateful for any information!

Thanks!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I looked at Wild Coast Raw's website and it looks like their boneless mixes for cats are basically meat, organs, and calcium/supplements?
Have you tried Alnutrin with calcium? It can be added to boneless meats with organs to make a complete diet.
I order from Hare-Today.com. along with a few other places. They are in Pennsylvania. I have been ordering from them for many years and have been very satisfied. They sell Alnutrin, as well as boneless meats and organ grinds.
Product | Hare Today

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Second. Boneless grinds from your favorite source + either EZ Complete or Alnutrin with Calcium. If you use the latter you will also need to include liver. Hare Today makes this easy by offering ground organs - I use 1/4 lb ground organ for each 1 lb ground boneless meat.

If you need low phosphorus though you'll have to pay attention to the types of meat you buy. Some are naturally higher in phosphorus than others, e.g. I think beef is on the low side, poultry is higher.