St. Patrick's day tomorrow

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

LOL ,sorry Lacey, didn't mean to scare you!!
Nah! You didn't scare me TOO much....just got to get those reservations in for that night!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this was an old thread, too. Susie, when you goof, you make sure EVERYONE knows! LOL!

Your dinner looks delicious. I'm on a low sodium diet, and skipped the corned beef last year. We have a potluck (carry in) at work the Wednesday before St. Patty's Day, so I always get a little taste of corned beef. But I think I'll go ahead and cook it this year...I never added the cabbage and veggies before, I usually cook them separate from the beef...your idea looks DELICIOUS! I'll have to dust off my crock-pot!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well since everyone else is going, I'm on my way over Susie!
I can't (won't!
) do corned beef and cabbage though, but I'll come to visit!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I thought this was an old thread, too. Susie, when you goof, you make sure EVERYONE knows! LOL!

Your dinner looks delicious. I'm on a low sodium diet, and skipped the corned beef last year. We have a potluck (carry in) at work the Wednesday before St. Patty's Day, so I always get a little taste of corned beef. But I think I'll go ahead and cook it this year...I never added the cabbage and veggies before, I usually cook them separate from the beef...your idea looks DELICIOUS! I'll have to dust off my crock-pot!
Oh I don't think I'd like it as much if you cook the veges and the meat seperately.........when you cook them all together, they absorb eachothers juices.......

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

Well since everyone else is going, I'm on my way over Susie!
I can't (won't!
) do corned beef and cabbage though, but I'll come to visit!
Come on over Linda.......I've broken out the peanut butter!

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah, I don't eat meat and I don't like beer.

I'll probably have a green tea Jamba Juice smoothie, though. Like a Shamrock Shake, only healthier and tastier!

(And now I have that blasted Adam Sandler song stuck in my head. Green and creeeeeeeamy...)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by semiferal

Nah, I don't eat meat and I don't like beer.

I'll probably have a green tea Jamba Juice smoothie, though. Like a Shamrock Shake, only healthier and tastier!

(And now I have that blasted Adam Sandler song stuck in my head. Green and creeeeeeeamy...)
Well, we have potatoes, carrots and cabbage as well as meat!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie sits with party hat on, beer in hand
, and wondering where all her fellow St. Patty's day partiers are
........hummm, maybe those pals on TCS were right...maybe it is NEXT Friday..........slinks off the bar stool and races home

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my husband and I are leaving tomorrow afternoon for gatlinburg (4 hours away), I am not sure if his family (who is already there) is going to cook something...but I can't wait till this weekend...they rented a huge cabin and there should be 10 or so people there....

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My party hat will be going on early tomorrow! Leaving work early to get geared up for the evening's festivities!!!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

Well my husband and I are leaving tomorrow afternoon for gatlinburg (4 hours away), I am not sure if his family (who is already there) is going to cook something...but I can't wait till this weekend...they rented a huge cabin and there should be 10 or so people there....
Enjoy yourself!! I'm from TN originally and didn't live far from there. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge was THE place to be!! Go to the aquarium!!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't want to brag and make anyone jealous, but I am going to be working. Nothing like spending holidays watching old people eat and complain!!
I know, that's an ugly thing to say.
I am in desperate need of vacation...And green beer...
Once I get those, I'll be in better spirits and love my old people again.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Enjoy yourself!! I'm from TN originally and didn't live far from there. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge was THE place to be!! Go to the aquarium!!
Thanks.....are you talking about Ripley's aquarium? Yeah we have been there twice....This is my third time to go to gatlinburg...I love it up there...I live in birmingham, al so it really isnt that far

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

Thanks.....are you talking about Ripley's aquarium? Yeah we have been there twice....This is my third time to go to gatlinburg...I love it up there...I live in birmingham, al so it really isnt that far
Yes, Ripley's. Its soooo awesome!! I have been through Birmingham on my way to visit family that used to live in Daleville, AL. My uncle was in the Army and was stationed there. Very hot and lots of storms is what I remember.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Yes, Ripley's. Its soooo awesome!! I have been through Birmingham on my way to visit family that used to live in Daleville, AL. My uncle was in the Army and was stationed there. Very hot and lots of storms is what I remember.
yeah we had some storms a couple of days ago, I am orginally from Texas and It's even hotter there so I was use to the hot days here in alabama, just not the storms every other week lol

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone wanna join me here in Savannah tomorrow? St. Patrick's Day Capital of the US!