Squeaky Sneezes!?

malakaiii

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I've not been around in a loooong time, but both my cats are healthy and happy (even though we just moved a few months ago!).

My roommate's cat is the reason I came here for everyone's great advice. The kitty's name is Peeve (as in Pet Peeve!), and he's just over 1 year old. He's a little bit timid, but gets on famously with my cat Pixel, and the two have had a wonderful couple of months living together so far.

In the last few days, though, Peeve has started sneezing a lot. They are not normal cat sneezes, but really loud and sound like someone stomping on a squeaky-toy. He frequently sneezes about 5 times in a row. He doesn't look disturbed by this, nor does he have any other signs of being sick.

Since we have become a 3 cat household, I want to be sure that we don't end up with 3 SICK cats! It's mostly the sound of the sneeze, and the frequency that is alarming. My roommate is planning on taking him to the vet, but I thought I'd ask on here in case anyone else has a squeaky sneezer in their house?

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None of mine really sneeze that much, but I've heard on this forum that it could be a URI, so its good he's going to the Vet Good Luck. He might also be allergic to dust or something.