Spraying when I leave for college.

kaitie09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a spayed, 2yr old female cat that I have raised since she was 10 days old. If I sit down, she is in my lap. Since I have had her, I have been commuting to college. However, this year I had to move back to campus. The problem now is that she is spraying when I leave. My parents are threatening to make her a fully outdoor cat because of this (she goes in and out). She has been checked by the vet, and she is healthy as a horse. The vet suggested that it is stress and maybe separation anxiety.

Is there anything I can do to stop her from doing this when I'm not here? When I come home, it all stops, but starts back up when I leave again. I leave my bedroom door open so she can go in there, and my mom told me that she spends most of her time on my bed. I know I'm going to have to take her with me when I move out, but that is not for another few years.

Last edited:

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wavey:

The very first thing I always suggest whenever cats pee outside the box is a urinalysis from the vet & vet exam. But I see you said she's already been vet checked.

The next two things that come to mind are: Feliway diffusers & Cat Attract litter.

The feliway would help the most if it is indeed a behavioral/stress caused problem. I've used it before in stressful situations (like moving) & when I've had inappropriate urination problems in my kitties w/ success