Spraying In House

Rhonda E Kennedy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there any way to stop my 1 year old female siamese cat from spraying in my house? Please help we love her and want to keep her but we have 3 other cats . Im afraid she will have to go if I dont find a way to stop this behavior

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
motion detecting sprayers for the garden hoses to keep other cats away from the house. paper in the windows to block the view to other cats. Feliway difusers. Calming collars. Extra litter boxes. Nature's Miracle for cleaning up spray. Scccat motion activated compressed air cans to keep them from their usual spots. Scat mats to keep them away from doors they like to spray. Full vet exam with blood work and urinalysis.
Vet says they are ok and still spraying.
Prozac.
We did everything and both boys went on Prozac. They are neutered and live with two other cats and one started doing it when he was three and encouraged my other male to start it at age 5. Once we put them on Prozac they stopped within 48 hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rhonda E Kennedy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you i will check out article. This is a new behavior. No not neutered. She shes fine with the other cats but she does get angry that she and her brother arent allowed to go outside. When she gets told no when we are going out back she normally jumps on her cat wheel and runs really fast. Maybe she is acting out of anger . ??
Can you give us more information?

Is she spayed?

Is this a new thing? If so do you know what happened to make it start?

What is her relationship to the other cats in the house?

Are there strange cats outside?

Meanwhile, this may help:

Spraying: When Your Cat Uses Urine To Mark Territory

Rhonda E Kennedy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
motion detecting sprayers for the garden hoses to keep other cats away from the house. paper in the windows to block the view to other cats. Feliway difusers. Calming collars. Extra litter boxes. Nature's Miracle for cleaning up spray. Scccat motion activated compressed air cans to keep them from their usual spots. Scat mats to keep them away from doors they like to spray. Full vet exam with blood work and urinalysis.
Vet says they are ok and still spraying.
Prozac.
We did everything and both boys went on Prozac. They are neutered and live with two other cats and one started doing it when he was three and encouraged my other male to start it at age 5. Once we put them on Prozac they stopped

Rhonda E Kennedy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you give us more information?

Is she spayed?

Is this a new thing? If so do you know what happened to make it start?

What is her relationship to the other cats in the house?

Are there strange cats outside?

Meanwhile, this may help:

Spraying: When Your Cat Uses Urine To Mark Territory
No not neutered. Yes new thing. Has always been ok with the others. However the other ( older cats go outside she is not allowed) i have screened in porch so she can have the feel of being outside. This is where her cat wheel is. She uses it often.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could quite possibly medically related, it is always advisable when a cat suddenly starts spraying or urinating inappropriately that you take her to the vet.

You can't think of anything that happened at the time she started spraying? Spraying is often because the cat feels insecure about her territory or she is stressed about something else. There are no strange cats around?

Is she not spayed because you intend breeding her? It's very likely hormones could be affecting her. Spaying cats can reduce problem behaviours.

Rhonda E Kennedy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She gets really frustrated when we go out the gate of the screened in porch and wont let her out. Thats when she hits the cat wheel really fast. She just got over being in heat . i guess its to the vet i go because there hasnt been anything happen and its a very quiet. Thank you il let you know how it goes. I appreciate all the help I can get

DeannaF

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you i will check out article. This is a new behavior. No not neutered. She shes fine with the other cats but she does get angry that she and her brother arent allowed to go outside. When she gets told no when we are going out back she normally jumps on her cat wheel and runs really fast. Maybe she is acting out of anger . ??
Well, this is likely why..she's not spayed (fixed). Also, she wants outside to mate. I'd hightly suggest to do her a service and get her fixed, if you want to keep her inside.

Are the other cats fixed?