Spotlight Member Of the Week>>>>>>>COOLCAT!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Rigel!

Do you get a lot of thunderstorms in Merida?
Have you ever seen SNOW in Mexico?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello Frannie!...
Thanks for your post here, let me see what can I tell you about this....
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Hi Rigel --
I'm lousy at coming up with questions, so usually I just read the Spotlight, but here are a few for you...
[1] I notice you often ask the Spotlight person whether they like Mexican food. Not a surprise. I'm guessing you DO like Mexican food, but what are your favourite dishes? Please describe them, for those of us who are unfamilar with them.
[2] Do you cook? or is that something you leave to Gema? Does she like to cook?
[3] A couple of times you've answered questions about where you'd live if you could live anywhere, saying (among others) Canada. That's nice. What attracts you to Canada?
Nice to see you in the spotlight, amigo. Hope you're having a good time.
1) Great Question Fran, ( and Delicious) for me the Cochinita Pibil and the Poc chuc (of course are traditional dishes from here, furthermore if you one day can to visit us I´m so sure you can to enjoy our delicious snacks!

Botanas(Snacks)

For those of you who have heard of cantinas, you may associate them with shady histories where gunslingers hung out and only men were allowed. All those suppositions were true twenty years ago. But today, you will find some pretty fancy cantinas where entire families go for a delicious lunch at reasonable prices. The majority of these restaurants are open and serving lunch from 1 PM to 6 or 7 PM.

Local tradition has it that when an ice-cold beer is served, it is accompanied by several dishes of snacks. Typically, four or five plates are served for every beer. These extra goodies are known as botanas (bow-tah-nahs) and include such things as refried beans with tortilla chips, macaroni in a tomato sauce, cucumbers in lemon, beets with lemon and cilantro, pigs knuckles and ears, pureed pumpkin seed silqipec, empanadas, ceviche, cocktail hotdogs, mini chaya (like spinach) burgers, mini quibis, hummus, and labne. The list is really endless and varies by the day, the restaurant and the cook's mood.

Each cantina or restaurant has its own specialties and most have live bands. The music is usually pretty loud and the ambiance fun.

Tacos and other Yucatecan dishes are also served at a cost. These include cochinita (suckling pig), Pavo Relleno Negro and Pollo (chicken) in escabeche. You can actually have a free lunch just by ordering beers and receiving the free botanas. If you are drinking, remember to have a designated driver.

For more information you can look here!
http://www.yucatantoday.com/culture/...sine-books.htm

2) the majority of times we eat at my MIL house for the schedule of work,( and what we eat? a dishes from here, I mean the pizza and the hamburguers are just only for the weekends )..... but on weekends sometimes we go out to dinner at a fast food restaurant OR even we go to some traditional restaurant to eat some of here,.........and for sure on sundays we prepar something with our ingredients,......It depends of the mood, I´m so honest my friend, after 8 years of marriage I don´t can do a complicate dish from my city, Gema knows some recipes and wich one is my labour, to help to her to prepar it!..

Chicken Pibil
Tamales
Panuchos and Salbutes
and Tostadas....

Many of the dishes should to be prepar at the moment and eat it, because if you want to keep the leafovers for the next day sometimes have another taste and don´t have the original presentation at the view...

3) Yeah Canada, why? because we´re costumed at the heat and would be nice to know some cold places furthermore that it has many places with biggest pine trees and lakes, Did you see the house on the Lake ( S Bullock and K Reaves ) I would love to have a house like that!...
...Maybe I regret about this, because I unknow if there are mosquitoes in a lake, I hate them...

Cool questions Fran!.....thanks a lot, if you needs more detail about the topics feel free to ask my friend!..

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emma's Friend

Hey, Rigel!
Congratulations on being IN THE SPOTLIGHT!
Hope all is well with your and yours
Thank you Ammie!..
sorry for the delay answer at your post, but there are many questions!...
is a deep pleasure find you here!..

Please It would be great to see you more often around......

Originally Posted by Moz

Hi Rigel!

1)Do you get a lot of thunderstorms in Merida?
2)Have you ever seen SNOW in Mexico?
Hola My friend!

1-A lot, thanks to God nope, because the frightened at the kittys...
Milky is so nervous when begins the rain season.....

2-There are snow in the center of the Country ( where are the mountains ) in the north of the country too,....In Yucatán is so real hard to someday to look the snow here.....
If I wish to meet the snow, YES of course I don´t have Idea how feel it to see the snow fall,....

thanks for your questions my friend!....

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Digame, Rigel,

1. Por que te gustas los Cleveland Indians?

2. Quien es tu favorito jugador de beisbol?

3 Puedes bailer el Highland Fling en tu kilt?

4. Te gustas nadar? En el mar o en una piscina? Puedes nadar la mariposa?

5. Piensas que puedo comprender espanol bien?

Es bastante para ahora.

Tell me, Rigel

1. Why do you like the Cleveland Indians?

2. Who is your favorite baseball player?

3. Can you dance a Highland Fling in your kilt?

4. Do you like to swim? In the sea or in a pool? Can you swim the butterfly?

5. Do you think that I understand Spanish well?

That's enough for now.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brenna!..
you shouldn´t to forget us!..

Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I just found this thread, I haven't been around much lately...

1)Who is your favorite sponge?

You are so lucky to live in the beautiful tropics. The pictures are lovely.
Let see your question...

I choose, Sandy cheeks....
:..

Thank you for your comments about the my country, is so hot
but great!..

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Buenas tardes Rosemary,

this post will not complete without your questions!

So sorry for the late but I have been a bit busy at work!

Originally Posted by butzie

Digame, Rigel,
1. Por que te gustas los Cleveland Indians?
2. Quien es tu favorito jugador de beisbol?
3 Puedes bailer el Highland Fling en tu kilt?
4. Te gustas nadar? En el mar o en una piscina? Puedes nadar la mariposa?
5. Piensas que puedo comprender espanol bien?
Es bastante para ahora.
Tell me, Rigel
1. Why do you like the Cleveland Indians?
2. Who is your favorite baseball player?
3. Can you dance a Highland Fling in your kilt?
4. Do you like to swim? In the sea or in a pool? Can you swim the butterfly?
5. Do you think that I understand Spanish well?
That's enough for now.
ANSWERS
1.- A years ago, was promotionate the team with a movie, with chaly sheen and wesley snipes in the early start of their carrers, so I would to convert in a fan of the team!..
... Go Tribe go!
2.- Omar Vizquel!

3.- With a shorts under yes!...

4.-absolutely yes, I live near a beach in my city my friend called Progreso beach!..
5.- Rosemary, you´re a smart girl that made a biggest effort around here because you spanish is sooooo deep and improve very well lately!
BRAVO!..

I´ll be waiting for your shoots my friend!..

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Buenas tardes Rosemary,

this post will not complete without your questions!

So sorry for the late but I have been a bit busy at work!

ANSWERS
1.- A years ago, was promotionate the team with a movie, with chaly sheen and wesley snipes in the early start of their carrers, so I would to convert in a fan of the team!..
... Go Tribe go!
2.- Omar Vizquel!

3.- With a shorts under yes!...

4.-absolutely yes, I live near a beach in my city my friend called Progreso beach!..
5.- Rosemary, you´re a smart girl that made a biggest effort around here because you spanish is sooooo deep and improve very well lately!
BRAVO!..

I´ll be waiting for your shoots my friend!..
2. We saw Omar Vizquel's first at bat after coming off the DL at a Giants game on Mother's Day. The pitcher intentionally walked him to pitch to the pitcher, of course.

4. Bueno, pero nadas la mariposa?

5. Muchas gracias. Estoy muy contenta que mi espanol esta sooooo deep.

I think that this post officially qualifies as Spaglish!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

2. We saw Omar Vizquel's first at bat after coming off the DL at a Giants game on Mother's Day. The pitcher intentionally walked him to pitch to the pitcher, of course.

4. Bueno, pero nadas la mariposa?

5. Muchas gracias. Estoy muy contenta que mi espanol esta sooooo deep.

I think that this post officially qualifies as Spaglish!
4.- Sip!...
of course I swim of buterfly!...
is a bit hard but is great!...I´m not Ian Thorpe but I think I´m defend on the pool!...

5.- You very welcomed, maybe should have to exist in TCS a special window to talk in you "own" language...
don´t you think about it?....

...spanglish doesn´t like so much IMO,...
I prefer or just only english, or just spanish!..

Thanks Ro,...

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

4.- Sip!...
of course I swim of buterfly!...
is a bit hard but is great!...I´m not Ian Thorpe but I think I´m defend on the pool!...

5.- You very welcomed, maybe should have to exist in TCS a special window to talk in you "own" language...
don´t you think about it?....

...spanglish doesn´t like so much IMO,...
I prefer or just only english, or just spanish!..

Thanks Ro,...
Rigel,

Ian Thorpe specializes in freestyle! Michael Phelps is the athlete who swims butterfly and free and just about everything.

Actually, it might be nice to have a forum where your cat can talk to other cats in their native language. Called it the Joe Grey and Dulcie forum after the mystery books