Spoiled Brat Stories?

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We all know we dote over our feline companions. We treat them with respect and dignity that would make Egypt proud. And we even love when they get spoiled, because it's part of our bond with them. It's them expecting high standards of us because we've taught them to expect that. A cat that expects a lot out of his or her human is a well-treated cat.

. . . but sometimes, we all know, they do things in their spoiledness that just get silly. Do you have any stories of your sweet little angels being bratty?

I have a few, some going back to my childhood.

I had a foster sister when I was little, around four or five, and I have a half brother. My parents found three abandoned kittens and let us all choose who got which as their kitten. Now, these kittens were obviously abused or at least unsocialized. One, a white long-haired female, was friendly, the orange and white girl was a bit aloof, and the torbie girl was downright aggressively feral. Being the youngest by far (my brother was eight years my senior, my foster sister 10), I got the kitten the other two didn't choose, the completely feral torbie baby. I was young, but I didn't let that daunt me. I worked with my baby, whom I named Timon, because I loved the Lion King and she looked like a meerkat to me, every day. It wasn't long before we were the best of friends, and she was the most loving and bonded to her person out of the three. I'd taught her to crawl inside my jacket with me when we went out on the porch. She got so used to it, in fact, she knew exactly how to climb into my jacket all by herself, and would even do it to just my shirt, if I wasn't wearing a jacket. It was a great way to carry her around.

Thinking on the cats I have now, first. there's Hex. Hex is my half Maine Coon, half Siamese I got from an irresponsible breeder who was giving the poor babies away to anyone. He was this cute little lynx point I got as a playmate for my snowshoe girl, Jinx, while I was at class. He was a month younger than she, at only about six weeks old, too young to rehome imo, but I made sure he was well taken care of. After class, I'd do my homework at my desk, often on the computer, as a Biochemistry student with med school ambitions -- in other words, most of my time at home was spent at that desk. What little free time I had, I spent playing computer games. Hex decided early on that my shoulder was where he liked to be. He was tiny and young, so it was no big deal. He grew, and I accommodated for him. But when he broke ten pounds, it just couldn't happen anymore. My shoulders are broad for a woman, but not that broad. Then, he needed my whole back. It was cute. My friends and I used to call it getting "Hexed" (And he's quite friendly. Any back is fair game.) Well, now, at 3 years old and 15lbs, he still loves backs! It's like he gets a special delight out of it. He rolls and his tail puffs up and his nose runs with excitement. He sharpens his claws on blue jeans on the victim's posterior before turning around to purr in their ear. I've created a spoiled monster! --, but I love him. I have some pictures of him with both my mom and husband, respectively.

IMG_20170220_232619.jpg
IMG_20170416_043249_372.jpg

Then, there's Aegon, the flame point in my display picture. You know that old 2000's song by the Killers? 'It was only a kiss, how did it end up like this? It was only a kiss. It was only a kiss." Well, that's how I feel about Aegon. I like giving kittens a little peck on the nose. Aegon would answer in kind with a lock on the face. We would do our little routine often, and soon Aegon started licking with no initiation from me at all. Now, at 8 months, he's well over ten pounds (I like big cats and I cannot lie.) What was a few gentle licks has become rabid, passionate lickathons with him kneading my chest or face, sometimes with claws, in which case I put my hands under his claws to keep him from getting my face. He could lick my face for hours, and his tongue tied up my nose! Not to mention, he's quite possessive of me, even after neutering. He gets grumpy when my MC baby or any foster babies get close for love, and I've had to learn to calm him and make sure he doesn't feel forgotten.

Even my new baby, Alaska, is showing signs of being spoiled. When I first got him, I wanted to make sure we bond well in case I decide to show him. One way to do that, I read, is to pet him while he eats. Now, he expects to be pet while he eats! That's like me telling my husband "This filet mignon is wonderful, but I won't eat all of it unless you rub my feet while I eat it," (Hey, maybe this kid is onto something!) So now I accompany him to the food bowl to pet him while he eats and ensure he eats as much as he can.

I have plenty more, since my parents and I both have a lot of cats, and I grew up with a lot of cats, but what are some of your spoiled kitty/created a monster stories?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I’ve only ever had one cat however my friends say I’ve turned her into a brat! She only has the best food; whenever I go shopping I buy her a toy of a treat . She has blankets all over the apartment so she is comfortable and will peep in her litter tray (I call it her bathroom ) to ensure it’s clean enough before she can use it !

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat's don't twnd to act spoiled bit my dog does. When I got a new couch, he was so comfy that when I come home he won't get off it to greet me. He also used to lay on his own blanket bit my new couch is very soft- softer than his blanket so he refuses to lay on it and will only lay on the couch.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie doesn't like being told no. He knows what's happening when I say it to him, and he always squeaks indignantly. He's definitely talking back to me, the little brat.

Marleycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also if I say nooooo in a deep voice to Marley before he’s about to do something bad he will turn around and pounce at my head haha he’s such a diva kitty with a big personality