Spider Kitten

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My almost ten month old boy just started going crazy going in circles around the bottom of the bed. He lays upside down and uses his claws. I tried using double sided tape, but that hasn't worked. We've tried a spray bottle and that works temporarily and we've tried just ignoring him and nothing. It's mostly anytime one of us is in the bed (more me than my bf). I more want to figure out what is causing it and if there is something we can try to use for him to get out that crazy energy. They have scratching posts and plenty of toys. Any ideas?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There's no telling what causes that - some cats just seem to really like doing it.
Can you obtain a couple of platter chase-it toys if you don't have any yet, or something like this;
HEXBUG Nano Robotic Cat Toy can navigate around objects, find its way out of corners and flip over from its back to its feet.
Other than keeping him out of the bedroom, I'd have to say in my case (I don't remember the piece of furniture, this was a while back) I put up with it...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Teach your guy to fetch, he is at the perfect age and it is great for running off energy. I would also make sure you have playtime every evening with a laser or wand so he can run and jump until he is exhausted. But most kittens and cats don’t sleep through the night and will have early morning crazy energy. I would just shut him out of the room at that point and let him run wild in your other rooms.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you block off access to underneath the bed? A cheap but ugly way would be measuring your bed, having the wood beams pre-cut at the store (using an angle cut) then using a nail gun & wood glue to create a block around the frame of your bed. (You can paint the wood.) Or you can buy a bed base frame.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of the advice! He is already a pro when it comes to playing fetch lol

We put the double sided tape up under the bed and that actually seems to be working! Which is crazy since he tries to eat it when I have it on the underside of the couch. Hopefully, this works for him this time :)