Sphynx upcoming litter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I took in our Maddie today to the vet for an xray. She is due in 10 days and I wanted to know how many there were. The vet also weighed her and she has gained 2 lbs since we had her blood-typed just over a month ago. She is now 9.2 lbs!!

The xray showed 4 for sure, possibly 5. I needed to know so that when they come, they can go to my Oreo who is currently nursing, but her kittens will be 5 weeks when the Sphynxies are born, and won't need mommy's milk as much. My hope is that Oreo takes them on and then they will feel like "normal" babies. I am doing it for 48 hrs as per the vet's advice. As you may know, I have the blood incompatibility issue with both my full Sphynx girls. It sucks, but it is what it is. At least I know about it and know what is required.

I am so excited, it's sickening. With Oreo's babies, life is getting fun now with them running, and this weekend is litter training and food introduction. I can't wait!!!

My Devon/Sphynx cross Bonnie is also pregnant and due May 13th. I am expecting all Sphynx from her now I've seen what Oreo has had, and Oreo is more diluted in regards to the Sphynx in her. Oreo is the daughter of Bonnie.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Maddie coming along? She's due this week, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wooopsi! I forgot I started this thread in here LOL. I am losing it...slowly LOL

Maddie is doing really well. She is due this Saturday and wow, she's gotten pretty huge. I know how many are there, so no guessing. The only thing I need to guess about is if she has 5 in there instead of just 4. Oh and when she'll deliver. I hope on time but the last two were late so I'm not feeling 100% confident that she'll be on time. LOL

My last two litters before my Sphynx came home were on time.

She has become my husband's new attachment LOL. She has been following him around like a lost puppy and sitting on his chest while at the computer....it's so cute! She has also been sleeping in our bed with him at night. Since I'm not in there because I'm with Oreo and her babies in the spare room, she's been in with him and Molly. I usually have 6 cats sleeping on my side of the bed at night, I know who really wants to be there when I'm not. Molly knows I'm not in there, she seems to miss me. Hubby says she has been moving closer to his side of the bed and purring her head off LOL.

Anyways, Maddie is doing really well during her first pregnancy. I'm so excited about the babies. Going to be an interesting weekend with trying out Oreo as surrogate mom to her babies

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, here's a pic from just a few moments ago. Maddie has grown alot in the last week, and wow, it shows! Before pregnancy, she had the gorgeous athletic body, now she looks like how I used to LOLOL

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Ok, here's a pic from just a few moments ago. Maddie has grown alot in the last week, and wow, it shows! Before pregnancy, she had the gorgeous athletic body, now she looks like how I used to LOLOL
Is that a rat?!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I think she's just beautiful rat-looking or not. She has such a sweet face and personality. All of my Sphynx do, but that's what they're known for. A person who breeds, breeds for health and temperment first and foremost, and I believe I have both and two champions breeding I think is good. Both Maddie and Monty are Champions.

Jacky, yes she's huge! I'm starting to believe she has 5 in there because she is big. I've seen the xray and know for sure there's 4, but man, she's HUGE. LOLOL

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Coco was so huge and the ultasound showed 3.
She had 5.
She was as big as a house.
You know once I learn more i might take you up on your offer.
Polar will be the last alter I show.
It seems to be the dar colored sphynx that get called rats.
Cleo did at a show.
My others never have been.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never seen one in person. I'm sorry, I hope I don't offend you but how do they feel. Is it just like touching warm skin?

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jacky, yeah I had one guy today say that my kittens looked like rats. I explained to him that once you actually see one, your mind will change. I find people ask me how they feel, if they feel like your arm, and of course I tell the absolutely NOT! I tell them how intelligent they are and how athletic they are. I then go on to tell them they are MORE loyal than dogs, which is my opinion. I explain that they are the most unique cats, not just in appearance but in temperment.

I am so trying to introduce this breed in our province as there are no breeders here. I love the Sphynx breed so much, and I feel people need educating.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
cslenker

You're forgiven.
Not many people have seen them in person, but they very warm to the touch and extremely soft. They feel like a chamois that's been warmed in the microwave. Hot water bottles are another term people use. They're awesome to sleep with too

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are great to sleep with.
People always ask me if they bite at the shows because all these movies show sphynx as evil cats.
They are very friendly cats and will do things no other breed of cats do.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just an update on Maddie. She is due tomorrow and there are no signs of her coming into labour or early labour. I will be definitely keep a close eye on her tomorrow and tomorrow evening.

Sunday I have to get another MRI to check on my MS condition and to see if it has worsened in the past year. This MRI is with contrast and will show more things in greater detail. As much as I'd love to cancel to be here with Maddie, this appt. was moved from last Monday to Sunday because they didn't know I needed the injection of the dye. Also, it can take up to a year to get in for an MRI, so no, not cancelling

Maddie has become quite large in the past few days. The babies are finishing up their growth spurt. I am so excited for them to come. I told hubby this weekend he has to fix my website so we can publish it on the search engines. It has spelling errors and some graphics that I want removed.

I wanted to get opinions on it from persons on this site, but not when it's looking unprofessional with spellling errors.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

The xray showed 4 for sure, possibly 5. I needed to know so that when they come, they can go to my Oreo who is currently nursing, but her kittens will be 5 weeks when the Sphynxies are born, and won't need mommy's milk as much. My hope is that Oreo takes them on and then they will feel like "normal" babies. I am doing it for 48 hrs as per the vet's advice. As you may know, I have the blood incompatibility issue with both my full Sphynx girls. It sucks, but it is what it is. At least I know about it and know what is required.
If they don't nurse from mom when they're first born, do you need to give them any special supplements since they're missing that first milk which contains colostrum/antibodies?