Speedy Here....

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! Speedy and I have been on this wonderful site for several years, but only recently have I had a camera and so glad to posts pictures on the forums! Just posting here because sometimes Speedy looks Siamese, sometimes calico. When I adopted her at a young age from the rescue, her back was very light in color but became darker very quickly. Her rescue paper said she is a Snowshoe. My vet said she is a calico-point Siamese. Maybe a little bit of these three?
20170921_140708-1 (1).jpg 20170926_165200-1-2.jpg
20171012_175304.jpg 20171012_174627.jpg

I know before I adopted her, I was told she was in 'rough shape' that is, with parasites. Could here colorations on her back be from a period of illness (photo 3) or is it because she is a mixture of breeds? She is mild in personality and not very vocal, super-sweet and patient. Thank you for considering my comments and my photos.

Can Siamese be passed from just the father?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think she is a point ("siamese-mix") + tortie + white. That is why her coloring is so unewen. Of course her problems she had may have accenturated some features.

The poin gene must come from both parents to become doubled up and visible. Snowshoe os a decent description . They were constructed on Siamese old type.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - All pointed cats have Siamese ancestry, in that the "pointing gene" - cs - originates with Siamese cats alone (leaving Burmese Parentage - cb - out of the equation for the sake of simplicity). Two cs alleles are required for progeny to express points, but the Parents can carry the point genes unexpressed.

Speedy would properly be a Tortie-Pointed Domestic Shorthair (i.e. a Colourpoint) until someone looked at those four white feet, at which point she'd become a Tortie Point Snowshoe lookalike. She's absolutely stunning, and if she has the Snowshoe personality, you have my deepest sympathy.

;)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree- I'd describe her as a tortie point. She's very pretty! Raysmyheart, I've seen you quite a bit around the forums, and I'm so glad that I can now see pictures of your lovely Speedy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many thanks, StefanZ StefanZ , 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , and abyeb abyeb for all your considerations of my photos and answers to my questions. This is one of my favorite forums and I am always amazed at the expert answers given here. When I first met Speedy, I kept wondering, who were her parents, her brothers and sisters, I think cat parents wonder this when they first adopt a cat. I am so glad for your answers, I do appreciate them greatly and your kindness!