Spaz and Miku's Mommy

mikuchu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I wanted to do a formal intro post even though I had already posted in the nutrition forum.

I am the proud (and exhausted) mommy of 2 sweet but challenging kitties as well as the cutest little turtle ever (I am admittedly biased though). Pics are below.

Spaz is my love. He is 16 years old and has been with me my entire adult life. He was my first cat after moving out on my own at 18. He has had IBD for several years and I'm starting to finally get a handle on his symptoms once I stopped blindly following vet instructions to feed him prescription kibble. In spite of his tummy problems and his arthritis he is the same psycho kitty that earned him the name Spaz within the first 3 minutes of being home. He is hyper and playful and jumps and climbs all over the place.

Miku is 6 years old. She is a big ball of cuteness. But do not touch! She likes attention but doesn't like to be held or pet. Which is frustrating when she rolls around in front of you showing her big fluffy belly. I'm pretty sure it's a form of torture somewhere to have to look at that tummy and not be able to rub it. She is also a pica cat with a taste for stockings, ribbons and dryer sheets. I used to find all sorts of surprises when scooping the litter box. She seems to have finally outgrown that. It helped that I switched to unscented dryer sheets. I also found ways to direct her need to lick and chew by making tuna pops for her. A tiny bit of tuna in the middle of an ice cube. She loves it and it takes her a while of licking to finish it. Keeps her out of trouble! ^_^

Here is Spaz. Not sure if this is the most dignified pic of him but it is one of my favorites! ^_^

Below is Miku. I've tried explaining to her that she's doing it wrong. You sleep on the pillow not under it!

Oh! And the worlds cutest turtle...

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikuchu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ham is a good word to describe him. He does have to put on a show for everyone that comes in the house. He thinks anyone that walks through the door is here to see him.

Good point about the cushion. I guess she sees me sleeping all snug under a nice thick comforter and figured she'd have to get herself one of those. ^_^

Yep, Chiisai is a red ear slider. I believe he's around 4 years old now. And such a little sweetie pie. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS!  And thank you for posting the adorable pictures.  We love pictures here.