Spayed Kitty Being Too Active!

Psybug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got chotu spayed and he refuses to stay in the crate so i put the e collar on and hes so distressed....hes wobbling all over the place ...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always leave mine in a large wire crate overnight. This way I can keep an eye on them and make sure they've slept off the anesthesia. They're usually much improved the next day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Psybug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Can you contain your kitty to a smaller room for a while?
Hes feral for what its worth so containing him is causing more harm and distress. He is howling to get out. I did this so i could take him with me as i am moving and he is incapable of "hunting" as he is dependent on me for food...and i know everyone has said that its the best thing for the cat..and i love him so much...hes so affectionate and i want to give him a better life...i still have all the paperwork to complete...and get the kitten ticket...but its causing me so much distress to see him miserable and pining to go outside...he doesnt want to play...i cant distract him for more than 30 seconds...i am really lost

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there! It'll take time and he should calm down especially as his system calms down from the surgery. Try some music too, classical harp music or there's an app called Relax My Cat.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually think that if he is semi-feral and not used to being contained to that extent, you may be stressing him out even more in the cage. Can you use a bathroom or small laundry room or something else? Also how many days has it been since his neuter? I have never used an e-collar, they are ridiculous. It is ok for them to lick a little to help it heal. Boys usually bounce right back like it was nothing.

PS while neuter is a generic term for either gender, it is typically used for males, spayed is what is done to a female and males are castrated