Spayed Kitten, is her incision okay?

colbyraye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At this point, I’m basically just making daily updates on this site, haha. We spayed Marble on Monday the 24th, it’s currently the 30th. I can see that her incision is starting to close but now the top of it looks like it got bigger? Almost like she maybe pulled the stitch (which were the internal dissolvable ones) and started bleeding and it scabbed over. We usually give her some supervised outing time to see her brother Rocky, so it could’ve happened then. Is this something I should worry about? Otherwise her wound seems to be healing quite good. I’m such a worrier since I’ve never had to care for a cat post-spay, only male cats post-neuter, so the whole process is new to me. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would see the vet, it seems like the top of the incision is open. Leaving it open to infection. Or send them these photos for evaluation.
Hope healing is fast for her. :catrub:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like she pulled out a stitch but should be fine. I would keep her in a cone, contained to one room (to try to limit jumping), put footstools or step ladders by your bed to try to discourage jumping.

If however it gets bigger or turns red or starts to feel hit, rush her to the vet. If you are really worried you can take her to the vet. Cami pulled out 2 of her 3 stitches and she still healed nicely! (Though we did have the vet check her.) Cami also needed pain pills. The spay hurts more. There are stitches inside & stitches or glue outside.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops there is more than one. I would send the vet a picture or take her in, just to be sure.

Until then be sure to keep it clean and a cone on her. You can stick a dab of neosporin once a day, on it if you want, since she is in a cone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colbyraye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops there is more than one. I would send the vet a picture or take her in, just to be sure.

Until then be sure to keep it clean and a cone on her. You can stick a dab of neosporin once a day, on it if you want, since she is in a cone.
Okay, thanks a ton! Our vet is closed on Sundays, do you think she’s fine to wait until the morning?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My gut says yes provided she is kept calm, wears a cone & no redness/signs of infection. (& that she doesn’t pull more stitches.)