Spayed female swollen nipple

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 7 y/o spayed female cat Caramel has one swollen nipple that is leaking clear fluid when messed with it's not red or hot and the other nipples look normal could it be a spider bite or is it something I need to take her to the vet over ASAP the reason I'm asking is because I have extremely limited funds as I lost my job in April threw no fault of my own I was a live in caregiver for my 93 year old Grandfather who passed away this ending my employment on the bright side he left me the house...but I'm concerned about Caramel she eats and drinks normally but has been extremely cranky with 5 out of 6 of her feline house mates... So advice please.
IMG_20220607_170846092~2.jpg
b
IMG_20211216_080142693.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really do think she should be seen by a Vet, especially since she is also acting out towards your other cats. It's a good sign that she is still eating and drinking normally, but leaking fluid from that nipple shouldn't be happening (IMHO). Have you tried calling the Vet to ask their opinion?

Just in case, here is a thread for help when you are low on funds: Financial Help For Cat Care.

Also, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really do think she should be seen by a Vet, especially since she is also acting out towards your other cats. It's a good sign that she is still eating and drinking normally, but leaking fluid from that nipple shouldn't be happening (IMHO). Have you tried calling the Vet to ask their opinion?

Just in case, here is a thread for help when you are low on funds: Financial Help For Cat Care.

Also, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather :hugs:
Just discovered the bump she dose like to chase and eat spiders and the vet closed at 5 he also would have me bring her in and charge at least $59 I do t have ATM I'm barely making ends meet I have an interview tomorrow but after 14 years as a live-in caregiver finding outside employment is not easy and unemployment is barely covering bills and pet food.