Spayed female peeing and now diarrhea on bed

daisysmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Female, Daisy, is almost 3 and has never had previous issues using the litter box. A new cat came to the house about 3 months ago-male also almost 3yrs. The cats do not get along as Oley tries to play and Daisy feels threatened and growls and hisses. Last week Daisy started acting strange, peed in a box from groceries, and then on the bed. I became concerned that she felt stressed in the box and removed the hood from her box on the first floor. Oley's box is in the basement. I then had Daisy checked at the vet where they treated a suspected bladder infection with steroid and anti-biotic shots. I noticed two days later that there was diarrhea in the box. I assumed this may have been a result of the shot, as nothing else has changed in regard to her diet. This evening she squatted on the bed and left diarrhea. I am concerned that this is behavioral at this point and would appreciate any feedback going forward. A vet trip can happen as soon as snow ceases in our area, but until then what can be done?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's likely that she has a medical reason for this as it was sudden.  It sounds like it could be a uti.  I would definitely agree with a vet visit when you can drive.  Did they do a urinalysis last time?

If you have plain, canned pumpkin you can mix some in to her wet food to help with the diarrhea.  I also doubt that diarrhea is behavioral; this is more likely her communicating that something is wrong.  Have both cats been dewormed?  How many litter boxes do you have?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisysmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet gave me the beads to bring back when she's looking like she's "back to normal."  I was thinking the actual diarrhea was from shots. I was just concerned with the use of the bed for the 5th time when she had the diarrhea to be the main concern. I've checked for worms with both and haven't found anything. There are two litter boxes in the house currently, which had been working. I'm not even sure where to put a third as my house is not large and there's one upstairs and one in the basement at this point.