Spayed cat with pus discharge and swollen milk glands

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! My cat (Bella) got spayed 3 weeks ago (she had open pyometra), and yesterday I noticed that there was what I think was a splotch of blood in her urine (it was a dime sized bit of pink fluid in a puddle of urine (she almost never urinates on the floor, but I have another cat who always urinates on the floor so I assumed it was the other cat until I saw a tiny bit of blood (smaller than pinsized) coming out of Bella). This morning, I noticed that she had some yellowish pink discharge (again smaller than a pinhead) on her lady bits and her mammary glands were swollen and pink a little. I am going to the vet this afternoon but just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this before. Do you think it could be stump pyometra, hormones, an infection from the spay, a UTI, or mastitis or something weird? I am just so confused and worried! Thanks a ton!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have not experienced this myself with any cat I have owned, but as I read your description I agree that getting her to the vet is your best plan of action. I would not wait for more blood or more discharge and swelling. Please let us know what the vet says.