Spay Suit

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Little baby Hendrietta kitten (the kitten my dog found in the bush when she was only 3 weeks old) was spayed yesterday. This is the suit she came home in. The Vet likes these better than collars to keep cats from licking at their incision. Hendrie is to wear this for a week and to keep quiet, no jumping, wrestling with Eddy for a week and a half. Hendrie was 6 months old Jan 1, 2023 and weighs 2.5 kg or 5.5 pounds. I intend to keep her inside but had her microchipped too, just in case she gets outside. Hendrie is on Gabapentin and Metacam which she is readily taking with a bit of food. The dog and she are now best friends and I have to keep them separated for some days for fear he (44 pounds) might hurt her unintentionally in play.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Little baby Hendrietta kitten (the kitten my dog found in the bush when she was only 3 weeks old) was spayed yesterday. This is the suit she came home in. The Vet likes these better than collars to keep cats from licking at their incision. Hendrie is to wear this for a week and to keep quiet, no jumping, wrestling with Eddy for a week and a half. Hendrie was 6 months old Jan 1, 2023 and weighs 2.5 kg or 5.5 pounds. I intend to keep her inside but had her microchipped too, just in case she gets outside. Hendrie is on Gabapentin and Metacam which she is readily taking with a bit of food. The dog and she are now best friends and I have to keep them separated for some days for fear he (44 pounds) might hurt her unintentionally in play.
I've used those suits before and I much prefer them to the cone. I hope little Hendrie heals quickly. 😻

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What a stylish little girl! I agree that if she likes the suit it is much easier to deal with than a cone.