Spay site lump?

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My dear Kaiya's been just spayed almost 2 days ago now and I've been watching her wound since. And noticed a worrisome bump on the spay incision site since she came home that I just wanted a few other eyes on since I know so many have experience with spays. Is this normal? She's eating as usual and has moments where she tries to orbit. But I'm confining her save for periodic supervised wandering.

After suggestions from a chewy vet online, I have been dry hot compressing the area. I'm also using antibiotics just in case. I have some pictures the morning after it was done, but here's today's pictures.

Attachments

lwndlnd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dear Kaiya's been just spayed almost 2 days ago now and I've been watching her wound since. And noticed a worrisome bump on the spay incision site since she came home that I just wanted a few other eyes on since I know so many have experience with spays. Is this normal? She's eating as usual and has moments where she tries to orbit. But I'm confining her save for periodic supervised wandering.

After suggestions from a chewy vet online, I have been dry hot compressing the area. I'm also using antibiotics just in case. I have some pictures the morning after it was done, but here's today's pictures.
Hi there! Yes, it’s totally normal. It’s called seroma. It will go away on it’s own in a week or even less. If it becomes infected, keeps growing or won’t go away after a week, you should definitely take her to the vets for them to check. Until then, you do not need to worry. It’s common and harmless. If it eases your mind, three cats of mine had this post spay. Everything resolved without any complications.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Yes, it’s totally normal. It’s called seroma. It will go away on it’s own in a week or even less. If it becomes infected, keeps growing or won’t go away after a week, you should definitely take her to the vets for them to check. Until then, you do not need to worry. It’s common and harmless. If it eases your mind, three cats of mine had this post spay. Everything resolved without any complications.
Thank you for the help and comfort!! I heard about seromas, I'm glad that's all it is and that she should heal fine. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Small update, we're 5 days into the healing progress. I always find images are helpful for others looking for reference, so I'll attach those too.

But, after talking with a Chewy vet online, it seems like the incision is looking great! The lumpiness is going down. The smallest amount of blood was around the cut recently due to either activity or a night where she got her onesie off. I apply a hot rice bag to it once a night and monitor her activity.
I read that if your kitten is acting, eating and using the litter box normally then it's pretty safe to say things are going well.

Almost at the home stretch 🙏

Attachments