Spay incision redness

Harborlily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, my kitten Zoe (5 months ish) was spayed Monday. She is eating, acting, pooping etc normal. I just caught her licking the adhesive on her belly ... there’s one spot of redness and the glue is a bit crusty. I’m going to call the vet and send pics first thing tomorrow but does this look ok or like I’m going to be bringing her in....

Attachments

Danneq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMO, the skin looks a smidge irritated, but not anything serious. I don't think it's infected atm and I don't think licking the glue will hurt her. (I am not a vet.) It's hard to say based on just a picture, but I, personally, don't think I'd be taking her in yet. Especially not since her behavior is normal. Definitely keep an eye on the area, though.

Did they give you a cone for her to wear? She really shouldn't be licking the incision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Harborlily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMO, the skin looks a smidge irritated, but not anything serious. I don't think it's infected atm and I don't think licking the glue will hurt her. (I am not a vet.) It's hard to say based on just a picture, but I, personally, don't think I'd be taking her in yet. Especially not since her behavior is normal. Definitely keep an eye on the area, though.

Did they give you a cone for her to wear? She really shouldn't be licking the incision.
Surprisingly no cone! Does look irritated to me with slight redness... thank you! I will still text the vet in the morning but I feel a bit better

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does look irritated, but not infected. You can try putting a baby onesie on her or even the top of a tube sock (cut off the foot/heel portion) to keep her from licking.