Spay Incision not healing properly?

dnlargns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten got spayed on 10/19. everything went well and her cone has not come off since the surgery. There is always someone home 24/7 to make sure she doesn’t lick/scratch at it and making sure her activity level is relatively low. I check her incision every day, today i noticed what looks like a little hole in the incision, it also looked very crusty. It looks like it’s either opening back up or it got infected?? i’m not sure what do you guys think? i’m taking her to her vet tomorrow but i just needed a little peace of mind hopefully that it’s not as bad as it looks ?
570AA122-C842-497C-8107-771DE59BD1E6.jpeg

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I can't see stitches, I assume the wound was glued?. It does appear to have opened a little but there should be internal stitches as well. It doesn't look infected to me but check for any weeping or bad smell. You could email the photo to your vet for his opinion to put your mind at rest.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You've already seen the vet, I think? Let us know what he says. I've seen small openings like that, and unless there is swelling, redness, or puss weeping, it rarely means much.