Spay Incision Infected?

hayleyshaye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Koda keeps taking off her E-collar while i’m asleep and I noticed this morning her incision was bleeding a bit, probably because she’s licked at it and messed with it, and I can’t tell if it’s infected or if I need to take her to the vet because i’ve never dealt with spaying or neutering an any of my pets before, and even if I did need to take her, I called the place I took her several times this morning and nobody bothered to call me back. They’re closed now, and won’t be open until Monday. So I don’t know what to do. ): Is there anything I can do to help her now since I can’t take her anywhere at the moment? I’m also kinda broke and don’t have a lot of money so I hope on monday if I have to take her back somewhere it won’t cost me a fortune. ): I was told not to put peroxide on or near the wound, or really let any moisture get to it until 2 weeks has passed, but I feel like I need to clean this somehow! Or maybe a bit of bleeding is normal and I shouldn’t worry so much? but i’m wondering what the yellow part is... is it pus? or just scabbing? Ah! I’m so stressed about this. I also don’t know how to keep the E-collar on her at all times. ): any advice would be helpful! thank you!

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When was she spayed? It's a little difficult to be sure from the photos but it doesn't look infected to me, no swelling or redness. The bleeding could be because she had been licking it. Is there any weeping from the wound?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm with V verna davies . The incision looks clean, no redness or undue swelling, and that one puckered area is quite common after spaying. A little bit of bleeding is normal, especially if she has licked the site. You can gently clean it with plain water and a soft, lint-free cloth, if you must, but I'd leave it alone. You don't want to disturb any little scabs. Those are nature's bandaids.