Spay incision healing properly?

vickie1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Is my cats spat incision healing properly? The picture isn't. Brilliant but there is quite a large, hard lump under it and her incision has a small amount of slightly yellow crust around the stitch. I'm worried something is wrong. She went straight back to her normal self 1 day after the op! I kept her in the bathroom so she could rest (as the vet told me to confine her so she could rest for a few days). But she was up on her feet after 1 day of rest. She's eating and drinking fine, the lump and incision are not hot or hurting her. She doesn't lick or bite at it. She's happy and playful. Not sure if I should be worried by these things. Someone help?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lump is pretty normal, because of the subcutaneous sutures. And a bit of yellow crustiness is normal, it's just regular body oil buildup on the shaved bits (no fur to absorb it). From the picture I don't see anything I'd be worried about, but of course you're the one who is actually seeing it in person, so if anything seems concerning call your vet. They'll be the best ones to tell you if something is normal or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vickie1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is a better picture if the lump. It's really not nothing her at all and isnt hot, painful or oozing so maybe I'll just wait until her 4 day checkup on Sunday

vickie1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been over a week now that my cat had her spat surgery. I noticed today a small amount of yellowish fluid around it. It's a thin fluid not thick or cloud but a bit sticky. Her belly also feels a bit solid but I have food down for her to eat through the day when I am at work. There is also a dark scab around the stitch but the lump she had had gone down a considerable amount. There is not yellow clumps around the wound only the fluid. Do I need to be worried? She is going to the vet on Monday to have the stich removed. Do I need to go back before Monday?

vickie1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've no noticed a white clump on her wound. At the top where the stitches are and it seems like it might be a little infected! Advice please

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks ok to me. The skin doesn't look red or inflamed. If you are concerned, I would recommend sending this photo to your vet. They can advise you.

vickie1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Fab! Thank you so much