SPAY and NEUTER.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's that simple and it will save lives.

I know there have been many posts like this before. I know TCS is all for this. I know many many people on here already have and also encouage it like I am. But it needs to be revived every now and then. I feel like I need to pass this video on and reach out. People need this message to be passed on, for the sake of our animals - our family in this world that just happens to be furry, and can't say this for themselves.

Here is a movie I that think people who haven't spayed/nuetered their pets should see:
-CLICK HERE to see it-

*WARNING: It is slightly graphic and very sad but that's the point I suppose..... Please do watch

I can't stand it

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, MAKE THAT APPOINTMENT.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohh I figured that was the thread you were trying to link to
I just watched it earlier.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The right link is there now.
Although most of us here know the sad and sometimes horrifying results of not spaying and neutering, it is always good to remind us and to give us something to show those people that we know who don't know how important it is. It really is a matter of life and death.

amykins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw this video on another board I post on. The quote in the movie: "For every animal that dies in the shelter, there is someone, somewhere responsible for it's death." really hit home because it's EXACTLY how I feel and I've told people this a thousand times over. The image of the shelter worker at the end of that video, sitting under that table, will stay with me forever. Great video.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The video is great - it really underlines the horrifying consequence of irresponsible pet ownership.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't beleive I just saw kitties and doggies piled up dead in barrels..That was the most horrifying image.

I don't understand how all of you on this site that work in animal care centers can stand watching them get euthanized. Isn't it heartbreaking? I know I couldn't do it, I could never watch an animal be put to sleep. (Unless it was mine).

I seriously commend anyone that works in this kind of atmosphere with sick and dying animals. I would cry every day. I will never forget that video.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I can't beleive I just saw kitties and doggies piled up dead in barrels..That was the most horrifying image.

I don't understand how all of you on this site that work in animal care centers can stand watching them get euthanized. Isn't it heartbreaking? I know I couldn't do it, I could never watch an animal be put to sleep. (Unless it was mine).

I seriously commend anyone that works in this kind of atmosphere with sick and dying animals. I would cry every day. I will never forget that video.
I know, me too. I couldn't believe it. God Bless those who work in places like that... You must have a very strong heart to be able to have to see that every day.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is really hard. My only experience with watching an animal be euthanized was at the shelter I worked at. I walked into the room right after the humane officer euthanized a cat. I had never seen the cat before or knew anything about it. Well I didn't know that is what she was doing as she was already holding the cat until it passed away. Well she was called up to the front and turns to me and says, hey jen here hold her for a minute. I took her and realized she was dying and I started bawling. I just held her and told her it would be okay.

My boyfriend always teases me that women are so emotional about that kind of stuff and we all at the apl would just cry and cry when random animals are put to sleep. But man is it sad.

Anyways, yes, spay and neuter your pets people sheesh hehe

I am getting a 10 year old neutered for my boyfriends ex-stepdad's girlfriend's daughter (
). He is a free roamer at a house in a neighborhood in the middle of nowhere but they always complain that he pees all over the place and roams into other peoples yards and everything. So I am just going to tell them I got a certificate and get it done. I did get one but it is like $40 or something. They would object if I told them it will cost me money, but they will not pay for it. So good luck to me!!

dr. doolittle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish I could show this to every person that told me that it was OK that their cat/dog had puppies/kittens because they would find good homes for them all...
And each and every puppy or kitten they find a home for is one more that is put to sleep. Not to mention that every puppy and kitten born takes a home away from the less "cute" 6 month olds or adults.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree!! I would never be able to do a job like that~never ever!! I could hardly watch that video, its just so sad, and hits right at home.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I found that so upsetting. Infact I am actually in tears now, people just don't realise the damage they are doing. They think it's ok because they have found homes for the litter their animal just had, but then what about the litters they will have, and the fact that they don't know that the people they give the animal onto is going to take care of it for the next 20 years.
I am just totally heartbroken after seeing that.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I just watched that video for the first time. How sad. That is the exact reason I cannot stand to go into the shelters and for the most part will only adopt shelter animals. I believe everyone needs to watch that video.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was really sad. I couldn't stand to have to see and do stuff like that everyday.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just watched it for the first time too, and I am literally shaking, how can people not understand the importance of altering is beyond my comprehension.... just one litter? if everyone said that, how many animals does that add up to? apparently 70,000 a day
that picture of the animals in those barrels made my heart skip a beat
so so sad

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's just hearbreaking. Why don't people get it? With all the low cost spay/neuter programs around there's just no excuse. It's laziness and ignorance, pure and simple.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just watched this for the first time, have shared it on other forums (both are pro spay anyway), and had to give all my cats a hug - Tom had been taken to be pts, so he could have quite easily been like that, and it had been mentioned for Pebbles too. Ginger was just dumped on the street instead. Mine are the lucky ones though, they got that second chance with someone who loves them to bits.

crzy_cat_lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it's sad but that's what happens when there pet over-population.
I would know i work with the Humaine Society. That's why we spay and neuter BEFORE they leave to there new home.
So to all you new owners PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER!!! Don't let cat like those on the movie have a horrible death like that.

horatio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
indeed it is sad but it's reality. fr where i came from, sadly to say that many do not agree in neutering due to god knows what reason. they wud rather bred a lot n rehome as a whole cat. these ppl knew abt the over-population of strays but choose to ignore them. sad to say...