Spaghetti Hotdish: The Way It Should Be

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, a couple of weeks ago on here, I made a snarky comment about a spaghetti hotdish recipe I'd seen that totally grossed me out.

So I started looking online for other spaghetti casserole recipes and I found one, tried it this weekend, and have had a cathartic experience. LMAO

Please note that my preference will STILL be for meat-free spaghetti with red sauce and veggies, but as a cholesterol blowout alternative, I guarantee that this recipe will make you want to sit down and eat the whole damn casserole dish full. LOL

SPAGHETTI HOTDISH

1/2 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 lb ground beef or turkey
garlic powder to taste
salt
pepper
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 of a 26-oz jar spaghetti sauce
4 oz cream cheese (1/2 pkg)
3/4 C sour cream
1/2 C scallions, chopped
OPTIONAL: 1-1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Cook ground meat, using the garlic powder, salt and pepper to season it as it cooks. Drain it, then add the green pepper and the spaghetti sauce; simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. While it's simmering, combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a small bowl, adding the scallions to it until well combined.

Spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Lay spaghetti noodles on bottom of dish; spread cream cheese/sour cream mixture on top of them. Spread meat and sauce mixture over cream cheese/sour cream. If desired, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

This is NOT a diet recipe. lmao

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vibiana

Okay, a couple of weeks ago on here, I made a snarky comment about a spaghetti hotdish recipe I'd seen that totally grossed me out.

So I started looking online for other spaghetti casserole recipes and I found one, tried it this weekend, and have had a cathartic experience. LMAO

Please note that my preference will STILL be for meat-free spaghetti with red sauce and veggies, but as a cholesterol blowout alternative, I guarantee that this recipe will make you want to sit down and eat the whole damn casserole dish full. LOL

SPAGHETTI HOTDISH

1/2 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 lb ground beef or turkey
garlic powder to taste
salt
pepper
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 of a 26-oz jar spaghetti sauce
4 oz cream cheese (1/2 pkg)
3/4 C sour cream
1/2 C scallions, chopped
OPTIONAL: 1-1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Cook ground meat, using the garlic powder, salt and pepper to season it as it cooks. Drain it, then add the green pepper and the spaghetti sauce; simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. While it's simmering, combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a small bowl, adding the scallions to it until well combined.

Spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Lay spaghetti noodles on bottom of dish; spread cream cheese/sour cream mixture on top of them. Spread meat and sauce mixture over cream cheese/sour cream. If desired, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

This is NOT a diet recipe. lmao
It sounds edible to me.
I had to look up "scallions" though. I had no idea it was just a fancy name for green onions, which I use a lot.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

It sounds edible to me.
I had to look up "scallions" though. I had no idea it was just a fancy name for gren onions, which I use a lot.
Oh boy!!, I'm glad I looked at this thread again. I wrote down scallops!
that would have made for an interesting meal

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Oh boy!!, I'm glad I looked at this thread again. I wrote down scallops!
that would have made for an interesting meal
Barf-o-ramma having scallops in spaghetti!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have scallops in spaghetti all the time here - it's part of spaghetti marinara, and it's made like a chili meat-free bolognaise sauce, with spaghetti (of course) and various seafoods such as prawns, squid, scallops, mussells and clams

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

We have scallops in spaghetti all the time here - it's part of spaghetti marinara, and it's made like a chili meat-free bolognaise sauce, with spaghetti (of course) and various seafoods such as prawns, squid, scallops, mussells and clams
Yeah, but you wouldn't have scallops in spaghetti at the same time as ground/minced beef. That's what would be gross.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
fwan ... I'm really thinking Teufel and Marnie were separated at birth. LOL

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried an interesting dish last night similar except you cooked fetticine noodles and added them to already beaten eggs, melted butter and parm cheese.
This was added to the meat mix that had parmesan cheese and mozzarella in the mix. I just had it in a big frypan-however it wasn't saucy enough so I'll have to mess with the recipe.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vibiana

fwan ... I'm really thinking Teufel and Marnie were separated at birth. LOL
I think so too!
they have the exact same markings, when i get a digital camera next month or so i will post better pics of my devils!