Sourcing in Las Vegas

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, it’s been a while!
You know, I’ve been feeding a raw diet to my furmonsters since ‘08, and sometimes it can be challenging in a landlocked desert town… even if the population is 2.5 M.

I can usually find my big basics at Costco, but I have found that the Asian and Mexican markets are best for organ meats.

I love the 168 Asian Market. They usually have most of my pork organ meats; melt, kidney, heart, and liver. Often I will pick up things for us humans as well. I love the variety of mushrooms, bok choy, skinny eggplant, green tea, and fun snacks.

I have gone to Cardenas (on Meadows Mall Blvd.) for my beef heart and kidney. However, lately they have asked me to call and pre-order. Which we are still working on. The thing is, they have to order 10 lbs at a time, and I only use 1 lb every 2 months!

So, if anyone in the Las Vegas area needs beef heart or kidney, Cardenas has a bunch in stock now. Just call them and ask to talk to Hugo (store manager) about it.

And if you make the trip, you might as well pick up some house made chips, salsa, and ceviche. 😁

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the helpful information :)!
Since I am not on any of the popular social medias (no FB, Twitter, etc) or any other chat groups, this is the only place I know to reach other raw feeders. If anyone wants to pass the info on to their groups, by all means do so. Just remind them that Cardenas needs a heads up phone call. 😉

BaileyCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was curious of Cardenas locations. They are in Arizona, Nevada, and California. 👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I was curious of Cardenas locations. They are in Arizona, Nevada, and California. 👍
When I was talking with the manager, he said that their policy was to order what the customer needs.
I told him I felt bad that they have to order so much more than I really need, but he said that they would still do it.

I generally like Cardenas better than some of the other Mexican markets in town. I feel that they are generally cleaner, have larger selections of items, and are better organized. As a non-spanish speaker, I occasionally run into communication issues, but it’s rare that there isn’t somebody who can help me out. 😁