SOS! Is my male in heat?

ashesmomma96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 2 year old cat that isn't fixed yet, and he had started to hump about a month ago. I've been searching through vets since, and tonight he began trying to hump my arm. He wouldn't stop biting me and I had to pry him off repeatedly until I gave him s roll of paper towels. He sounds like he's either angry or in pain and it's been almost 5 hours since he started acting like this! What can I do to help him?

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! Male cats don't really go into heat, they're always ready once they're sexually mature. My guess would be that an unspayed female cat in heat is outside somewhere, and now he's a raging mass of hormones. You can't do much to help him right now, just get him neutered as soon as possible! The neutering is a very simple and basic surgery that any vet or clinic can perform, so it's not very critical where you take him if he's in good health generally. Low cost clinics are an option if you need them.

Also be very careful and DO NOT let him outside. His hormones will drive him to find that female any way he can, so he's going to be more likely to bolt than usual. And once they get out, intact tom cats can roam for miles to find as many females in heat as they can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashesmomma96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! And that makes sense, he's been alternating looking out the window and then "attacking", I plan on getting him fixed next week. Thanks!