Sorta Silly Litter Box Question

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
So let me start this by saying
1-I have GAD and this litter box issue with my little man really brought it to a nasty head (but I am starting therapy)
2-You all have been so nice helping me the past few weeks and I really appreciate it
Ok so my question is-after an issue with the litter box how long do you think a cat should go without accidents before you can say "ok this new food/litter etc. is working" We are on 43 days with no accidents but I still feel like I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop (and I hate it-every time he meows or wanders around the house I start to get scared...)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
43 days is pretty good! That's getting close to 2 months with no accidents. What all did you do that worked, add wet food to their diet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got them on prescription wet food, dry food and treats, added a bunch of litterboxes, stopped using liners and switched to unsented litter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome! I think you can relax now, you did good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's awesome! I think you can relax now, you did good.
thank you-I still worry if I see him in the sink or he wanders around the house or meows but that is prob more a me problem than a sign of anything bad going on with him at this point lol